Attempted creativity
by Karla ° Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Angie had this really adorable photo in a recent post about posing tips for better family photos and I fell in love with this one photo of a little boy sitting on the exact same rocking horse that Nate likes to ride here at home. As soon as I saw it, I just knew it I had to try to recreate the festive scene once we got our Christmas decorations up.

Yesterday, Nate seemed to be a good mood after breakfast so I dressed him up in like, the only collared shirt he owns, which, by the way, my mom bought him, and asked him if he wanted to ride his pony. His eyes met the camera with a fleeting moment of anticipation and glee.


But then Samson was all “Oh Hai! Are you taking pictures? Here, let me just make sure my great big giant dog head gets in the way, mmmkay?”


Once Samson got bored of being all up in our faces, I asked Nate again if he’s like to sit on his pony, but by this point, he was too busy sticking his fingers in its moving singing mouth to bother listening.


But wait! What’s this? Oh yeah baby. Perfect photo op here I come!


Damn! Cut the horse’s head off. Let try again.


And just as I thought I was snapping that perfect photo, guess whose great big giant dog head made a surprise appearance? Go ahead, take a guess.


By this point, Nate was so not having anything to do with his pony anymore. The fleeting moment of toddler focus had suddenly shifted to wanting to be chased by a tickle troll.


And after a riotus session of ticklish belly laughs, I asked him what the chances were of him sitting on his pony for like, one more second, but judging by the hand signal, I’d say he was telling me slim to none.


There’s always tomorrow, or next week. Or, you know, next year.

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Your tree looks fantastic! And that boy couldn't be cuter.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  December 02, 2008
 

That is so great! :) Such cute pictures, Samson is such a character. I love your blog! ~ Jenny in Colorado
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  December 02, 2008
 

Gorgeous photos karla ~ even if Samson did get in on the act ha ha !!
Nate is so sweet and he gets more grown up in every photo I see of him!!
Hope to see more photos soon
Love and hugs Tabitha XXXX

PS ~ Love the tree ~ looks great!!
Posted by Blogger Tabitha :  December 02, 2008
 

the one where you cut off the horse's head is really good!
I love how clear your pics always are..I need a new camera..
Does your camera havea self timer? I want you to post one of you and him together!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  December 02, 2008
 

I like the photos, dog head and all! They look very real, not posed. And beautiful! I love your tree, too!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  December 02, 2008
 

I love the shot of him running away. Just mask the pants out of the shot with an editor if you want and the rest is perfect.

Wendy
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  December 02, 2008
 

I love the dog, pony, boy triumvirate.
He is so endlessly fall-in-love-withable...you know I have three very adorable little girl-children..;)
We could be co-mothers-in-law and go on cruises...
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  December 02, 2008
 

I love them all, even the ones with Samson!
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  December 02, 2008
 

i love the pics haha the one where he's walking away is great
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  December 03, 2008
 

I think the pictures of Nate are just lovely ~ Samson just makes the picture even cuter!
Love,
Amanda x
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  December 03, 2008
 

Seriously, he is one of the most beautiful boys I have ever seen. Nice work, both with your camera and your stellar procreating abilities. :)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  December 03, 2008
 

Wonderful photos of a highly photogenic kid. Do you have tips for an 18 monther who won't stay still? :)
 

That last picture is so perfect! I love his expression!
Posted by Blogger Finelly :  December 04, 2008
 

I would love to know what type of camera you use....your pictures are beautiful!!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  December 25, 2008
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Tuesday, December 02, 2008




Recently
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Sunday, November 09, 2008
Friday, November 07, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008