About Me
by Karla ° Sunday, May 1, 2005
My name is Karla Cadeau. I am a wife to the most charming and decidedly delicious husband a woman could every want, a seminal arbitrator to a pooch that is the master of finding all things that taste like sock, and mother to Nate, who is affectionately nicknamed Rockstar Baby because he was born with the sassiest faux-hawk and baby mullet I have ever seen in the whole wide world, or at least Ajax, Ontario, which is where we call home.

I am also the mother of two more babies that sprouted wings before I had the chance to get to know them.

In April of 2005, I held my first child, Ava, in my arms and watched her die. Sadly, I miscarried my second pregnancy ten months later.

Exactly one year after we said goodbye to Ava I became pregnant again for the third time. In December of 2006 my son was born via a planned c-section. Due to some breathing difficulties, he spent his first three days of life in an incubator on oxygen with a feeding tube in his stomach.

On Christmas Day, I receive the most amazing gift a mother could ever want and I was finally able to hold my son.

I am now a firm believer in innocence and magic once again.

I used to be a Web Developer and Database Analyst for a government lobby group in the financial district of downtown Toronto, but after losing Ava, I was never able to stomach the idea of returning to a job that I did not love and finally pursued my passion for the written word and entered the largely underpaid world or Freelance Writing. I started an on-location photography business. So, if you’ve got any special moments that you’d love to forever still and illuminate from behind time-freezing optics of a digital lens, count me in!

This website chronicles my journey of infant loss and miscarriage and being so swollen and pregnant that my boobs and stomach had to battle it out over who got to go where, and in what direction, to the long awaited birth of my son.

I am deeply devoted to my husband, vegetarian pizza and coffee. This makes me a swooning romantic wrapped in an enigma of sauce and mushrooms with a body fuelled by caffeine.

I’m still learning how to hang on tight when it feels like life leaves me dangling by the wisp of a thread, but the arrival of my son has been like receiving a bucket overflowing with Babylon and promised bliss, and slowly, the knots of sadness that have been so tightly bound around my heart are starting to untangle.
Permanent link to this entry





advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Sunday, May 01, 2005




Recently
Sunday, May 01, 2005