New Shade of Boring
by Karla ° Monday, July 2, 2007
We are done painting. Well, except for the part about starting off with great intentions of painting the entire main floor of the house and then becoming very bored with the whole process about 7 minutes into taping so we never actually got around to painting the kitchen. I’m hoping that whatever it was that sparked the fire under my butt to paint in the first place returns very soon so I can stop complaining about how tired I am with the colour in there and just be done with this whole project.

I tend to prefer dark and bold colours, but we don't get alot of light in this room so I wanted something a little lighter to brighten it up. This was taken mid-afternoon.


And this is how it looks in the morning light.

And this is how Mark looks with a big ball of tape on his head.


We originally were going to coincide our painting with the installation of new hardwood floors, but my Father-in-Law sort of talked us out of that idea because our carpets are relatively new and still look like they are in pretty good shape and also, we have an amply-clawed dog that is keen on running at mach speed in concentric circles inside the house. But after reading about Amalah and the heebie jeebies she found in her carpet with a black light, I’m seriously thinking we need to re-evaluate the hardwood idea because there is a certain someone in this house who likes to shove stuff in his mouth and is co-existing with our very own carpet beasties.


Labels: , ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


holy cow, when did nater get all big and grown up looking, didn't he get the memo that he needs to stay a toddler forever?
 

I'm sure there is some protein in those heebie jeebies. :)
Posted by Blogger Me :  July 03, 2007
 

Dude, I did the same thing. I laid a blanket I could wash down on the entire living room floor when Mr. P was a baby.

Do we share a brain? I thought I was the only person that ever did that.
Posted by Blogger Gina :  July 03, 2007
 

The colour makes the room look really bright and inviting.

Also...yak! I just checked out Amalah's black light thingy....ummm....gross? I am sooo happy to have wood floor...even if it's laminate (I actually prefer to call it engineered wood floor...doesn't sound as cheap! ;-)) and not hard wood.
Posted by Blogger Cate :  July 04, 2007
 

The reason I keep having kids is b/c our vacuum doesn't work that well. I wouldn't worry too much, my kids are still at least seemingly healthy. I'm sure the problems that arise from what they've eaten off of the floor won't arise till they're older, and by then they won't know it was my fault!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  July 04, 2007
 

Oh, and we had wooden floors when Taryn was a baby. Don't be fooled. They are just as hard, if not harder, to keep clean, and it's easier to find stuff on them. Having had both, I'd take carpets anyday over wood.
Posted by Blogger Christi :  July 04, 2007
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Monday, July 02, 2007




Recently
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Friday, June 22, 2007
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Monday, June 18, 2007
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Wednesday, June 13, 2007