A Very Nipply Winter's Silence
by Karla ° Tuesday, July 24, 2007
We finally got around to painting our kitchen last weekend.

Again.

I should probably stop living with my head inside of a paint can. I also probably need therapy, but at least I’m a good painter. Actually, make that a good paint supervisor because Mark is the one who actually does all of the rolling. I had the very fatiguing tasks of running errands for missing supplies and lifting my exhausted fingers to wipe the sweat off of Mark’s brow.

I also may have strained my neck trying to check out the pecs of a shirtless hunky adonis while I was out on a coffee run.

But we did it. The paint job I mean.

And now my entire main floor is painted in colours that sound like Mother Nature sneezed and wiped my walls with a tissue full of Autumn Haze and Winter’s Silence.

Paint colour names is the one thing about painting that Mark and I do not see eye to eye on.

I like the girly names because they sound dramatic and impressive.

He thinks they sound too girly and lame and should instead be given number codes, like green 4569, because going to the store and asking for a can of Winter’s Silence is no different than walking up to the person behind the counter and asking them to rub his nipples.

Labels: , , ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Ha. Gosh, that brings back so many flashbacks. In my husband and myself's "painting partnership", I am the "cutter inner" and he is the roller...and then I realized what a pain in the ass cutting in is over and rolling and I demanded equal time. Our last painting job was "Pecan something-or-other" and they really should have named it "looks like Army Green sometimes when the sun is shining".
Posted by Blogger Laura :  July 24, 2007
 

You crack. me. up.
Posted by Blogger Finelly :  July 24, 2007
 

you two are a riot!

I so love paint names though! Must be because I am a girl!
 

You're lucky to have a partner in crime when it comes to painting. I can't get Marcel near a paint can.
Posted by Blogger Heather Plett :  July 24, 2007
 

And by hunky adonis you mean your husband right?

He's got a great body!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 24, 2007
 

you do make me laugh so much!!!
 

LOL!!

Painting, bah! Fun fun!
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  July 25, 2007
 

need pictures need pictures
 

Yeah our trim color - pale sunshine - doesn't exactly exude manliness.
Posted by Blogger Brandy :  July 26, 2007
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Tuesday, July 24, 2007




Recently
Monday, July 23, 2007
Friday, July 20, 2007
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Monday, July 09, 2007
Sunday, July 08, 2007