A week of awesome
by Karla ° Friday, August 7, 2009
I’m feeling so entirely horrible for not writing much these days. I have no excuse really, except that it’s summer, and I just moved into a new house and that it’s summer and there is a sun-drenched patio in my backyard with my name on it.

And this week? Oh this past week has been wicked. I met some very amazing neighbours down the street who fed me delicious food, I connected with friends who I’ve been missing terribly since we moved away, I got hired by a professional photographer to take family photo’s at a wickedly amazing location in Toronto. And? AND! I was offered a full time job as a professional photographer. And the sweetest part? I wasn’t even looking for work. THEY contacted ME! And two interviews later I was offered a four month contract. This sort of stuff only happens in fairytales or something right?

Speaking of photo’s, here are some of my favourite shots from the wedding Angie asked me to assist with in NY a few weeks ago (see my Flickr Photostream for more.) I'm pretty sure they served the most amazing vegetarian gnocchi I've ever had. Also, who knew NY does not serve gravy?









Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Congratulations Karla! Your summer does sound truly amazing!

Wendy
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 07, 2009
 

Great photos, Karla.
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  August 08, 2009
 

Lovely photos! And, congratulations: a good job you didn't even have to search for is awesome.
Posted by Blogger ccr in MA :  August 08, 2009
 

congratulations. who will you be working for or where?
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 08, 2009
 

Congratulations, Karla! And there is never a need to apologize for blogging less - you are following your passions and living your life. I'm happy for you! =)
Posted by Blogger Alianora :  August 09, 2009
 

Beautiful photos!!
 

Wow Karla
Your Summer is The Best. I wish I can Have a Great Summer Like Yours. LOL You are awesome!!
 

Congratulations on your new job!
The pictures are great, what a beautiful bride!

a x
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  August 10, 2009
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Friday, August 07, 2009




Recently
Saturday, August 01, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Friday, June 19, 2009