Kids are so darn cute
by Karla ° Wednesday, May 30, 2007
My cousin’s nephew is perhaps one of the cutest and sweetest little boys to grace this planet. He is also very smart and is already learning about the power of compounding interest and investing and I swear, if I knew then what that boy already knows, I probably could have bought out the Ikea franchise by now. And I would have so replaced all of their furniture with adult sized Bumbo’s because, dude, the college kids would go crazy for easy wipe furniture that you can spill beer all over and still comfortably pass out in it.

The other day my cousin wrote me an email and told me about how her nephew’s school was having a bake sale to raise money for a special needs child and how he asked his mom if he could bring extra money to give to his classmates in case they didn’t have any. I was all like, ahhh, what a thoughtful and compassionate kid. And then I almost fell on the floor laughing when she went on to say that he wants to be rich and work at the dollar store when he grows up. It wasn’t the irony in that oxymoron that made me laugh so hard though, it was the part about when he asked his mom where you buy thrones because, oh my god, can you imagine shopping at the dollar store knowing the dude behind the cash register goes home at night to sit on his throne?

And then there is my cousin’s niece. She is just starting to discover the wonders of receiving surprises via snail mail and not one to be left out, has started sending off her own surprises in the mail, including sending her Aunt an envelop stuffed with a red mitten that belongs to my mother.

Hi mom! Word is that your mitten arrived safe and sound and Teena said that she'll return it next time she's in town.

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Awww. Seriously, who doesn't like getting stuff in the mail? The mitten might be useful if one hand gets cold.
Posted by Blogger H :  May 30, 2007
 

I STILL love getting things in the mail. Hmmmm, it might be time to send out some more postcards.

And, missy, I ask YOU the questions. Still up for it?
Posted by Blogger Gina :  May 30, 2007
 

Cute story :-)

My little girl also loves getting letters/packages in the mail, usually from Grandma.

After reading this, I am going to let her package something up to send out herself... I'm sure she will enjoy it.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  May 31, 2007
 

I too LOVE getting things in the mail. Isn't it the best?

That's so cute!
Posted by Blogger Cate :  May 31, 2007
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Wednesday, May 30, 2007




Recently
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Monday, May 28, 2007
Friday, May 25, 2007
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Friday, May 18, 2007
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Sunday, May 13, 2007