Vista
by Karla ° Wednesday, June 6, 2007
When I got this computer last year, Vista had not yet been released, but the computer came with the “Vista Upgrade” option which I was excited about because I am nerd and I like Microsoft.

So last night I decided to finally upgrade my computer only to find out that HP is a huge f-ing liar and the supposed upgrade was a flat out reinstall of Windows, which meant bye bye Karla’s programs and custom settings.

I kid you not, the installation instructions went something like this:

WARNING: Window’s Vista is a brand spanking new installation. Back up all your shit or you will be sorry.

The Hewlett-Packard Upgrade Utility for Windows Vista will half assed guide you through the following steps to install the Windows Vista operating system on your notebook computer.

Two disks are provided in the upgrade utility kit, but only one works.

Tee hee.

Snort.

Giggle.

Good luck Sucka!

When the install is complete proceed to make out with your new operating system because you love it that much.

And then cry when you realize that your forgot to back up all of your RSS feeds.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


May I suggest Fedora Linux as an solution? :)
 

SUE EM!~ Hey - that lawyer is suing the Chinese Dry Cleaning people for losing a pair of his pants and getting like, 54 million out of it.

Bill Gate has more money than the Chinese couple... I'm thinking you should sue for BIG BUCKS BABY! :)
Posted by Blogger Me :  June 06, 2007
 

Hi Steven
This is Mark's response to your Linux suggestion:

SteveErcolaniObj ConvertToLinuxDweeb(Person RegularHuman)
{
SteveErcolaniObj ConvertedPerson = new SteveErcolaniObj();
Person TempPerson = RegularHuman;
TempPerson = ConvertedPerson.MakeHateMicrostForNoGoodReason(RegularHuman);
if(TempPerson.isLinuxDweeb())
{
RegularHuman.CanBeSteveErcolani = true;
}
SteveErcolaniObj =RegularHuman.ConvertToSteve();
return SteveErcolaniObj;

}

But don't worry. We love you anyways. :)
Posted by Blogger karla :  June 06, 2007
 

Oh no!!! I would be devastated if I had a complete reinstall of windows. Especially if I lost my RSS feeds. I'm so sorry. So I will shamelessly remind you not to forget to add my blog into your new list! (And can I add that your Nate may be THE cutest most precious thing I've ever seen? After my own, of course)
Posted by Blogger Bunny :  June 06, 2007
 

If I lost my RSS feeds, I would surely cry.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  June 06, 2007
 

My BIL gave us Vista on our new computer, and I really like it. Luckily for me, I had my feeds on a server, not my computer.
Posted by Blogger Gina :  June 06, 2007
 

That sucks so bad! We've had so many problems with Windows that we are mostly using Linux...except for a few programs that need windows. I use a Mac iBook...it's sweet!

BTW, L-O-V-E Marks response to Steven's comment...must show to geekified hubby!
Posted by Blogger Cate :  June 06, 2007
 

My FIL, who knows next to nothing about computers, just tried to install Vista without any help. He has since bought the business version (thinking it would be easier), reformatted his hard drive, and reinstalled what he had before the whole debacle.

Oy.
Posted by Blogger delphi :  June 06, 2007
 

Uhhh, I don't get it.
Posted by Blogger Christi :  June 07, 2007
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Wednesday, June 06, 2007




Recently
Monday, June 04, 2007
Friday, June 01, 2007
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Monday, May 28, 2007
Friday, May 25, 2007
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Friday, May 18, 2007
Thursday, May 17, 2007