In Need of Some Go-Go-Gadget Arms
by Karla ° Friday, March 7, 2008
A little while ago, Nicki composed and dedicated a song for my sweet baby Ava. Clinging to my memories of Ava is all I have left of her, and Nicki created something beautiful and elegant to help keep her memory alive. Excessively grateful seems like an understatement.

She offered to send me a copy of the CD and imagine my surprise when an oversized box arrived on my doorstep, clearly far too heavy to contain just a single disk. Inside that box were several beautifully wrapped gifts.


Sometimes it’s easy to forget how much of an open book my life is here in this small corner of the Internet, and I was completely floored over the amazing amount of thoughtfulness that Nicki put into finding these gifts for Nate and me. I mean, I know she said she went back and read every single post in my archives, but I assumed she meant, you know, some of them, because seriously, even I cringe at the thought of reading about the past four years of my life.

Somewhere in the dusty corners of those archives I've mentioned how much I love to run, hate to cook, and that Lindt chocolate and fruit are some of my most favourite foods ever, and then Nicki went and found gifts that define this family to a T, including, genius of all things ingenius, orange and pear flavoured Lindt chocolate. And while inhaling that chocolate, a small piece of me soared all the Heaven, where I remained until it was gone, at which point I floated back down to Planet Earth and sulked for more.

The CD with Ava’s song, Nate’s new shape-stacking train, his bib emblazoned with inspiring marathon cheers, my new, er, lack of cooking abilities book, and um, all the missing chocolate have hit a sweet spot in my heart, and I'm so humbled to have been subjected to such overwhelming kindness.

I just wish I had Go-Go-Gadget arms long enough reach out and hug her.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


That is so kind of her and you deserve those lovely things. I have read through most of your back posts and have laughed and cried along the way. I have never met you, but feel I know you through your writing. I listened to Avas song and it is truly lovely, a fitting and beautiful way to remember your special little girl. X
Posted by Blogger Tabitha :  March 07, 2008
 

She sounds like a great friend. What a lovely surprise for you and little Nate.
Posted by Blogger Christy :  March 07, 2008
 

How fabulous! Sometimes we forget how nice people can really be!
Posted by Blogger Gina :  March 07, 2008
 

I am with Gina sometimes we do forget how wonderful people can really be.

What beautiful and thoughtful gifts.
 

Wow Karla. That's awesome. And you do deserve it.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  March 08, 2008
 

Oh Karla ~ this post brought tears to my eyes... happy tears as my girl would say.

I love reading your blog ~ I have done for the past 12 months. It's so clear to me what gorgeous people you all are and it's comforting to know that there really are sincere and lovely people left in this world!

As others have said, you deserve every single bit of niceness coming your way.... love to you xxx
Posted by Blogger Vanessa x :  March 08, 2008
 

How awesome of her! That is such a beautiful gesture.
I've read every post too! You're all kinds of intriguing.
All good things,
Alison.
Posted by Blogger Alison :  March 08, 2008
 

i too have read through a lot of your past posts and cried for Ava. her memory lives strong through every post you write about her.
Posted by Blogger Joyce :  March 09, 2008
 

fyi, when i sat down new years day 2007 i read your entire blog every single post, twice. soooo some of us really do love you that much. (we wont talk about the entire bag of chips i consumed while reading it, but we will mention you are how i started my diet that very same day)
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Friday, March 07, 2008




Recently
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Sunday, March 02, 2008
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008