Mobility
by Karla ° Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Karla has asked me to step in while she's nestled beside Nate in the hospital. Nate is a little over a year older than Jr and seeing him well gives me a glimpse of what's to come.

It's amazing how fast small children can be. Was I that fast? Well into my second trimester I am still mobile, but I am far from fast. Jr on the other hand is like lightening.

He isn't walking yet, but very close. He takes running steps between pieces of furniture, and gets going on all fours so fast he looks like a crocodile chasing down a antelope.

I play the "remember when" game often. A pile of goo goo gaa gaa, unable to do more than kick his feet and swat at things. That was a simpler time. Now it's saving him from nose diving off the deck, keeping him out of our various ponds, and most recently from crawling down the driveway towards the road.

From what I hear when babies start to walk, they only walk a few steps, then the rest is running. I don't know how I will fare assuming Jr starts running in the next five months.

After a long stretch of Hubby being home at night, he is back on the road. I guess my best bet will be installing a baby run from the house to the garden, strap a harness and leash on him and hope for the best.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


haha, I know all about that moving fast on all four. Angel is just the same way. I am playing the remember when games. I remember when she weighed five pounds. Now it's 22 pounds -- sigh.
Posted by Blogger MeMandB :  May 12, 2009
 

Yeah, Yeah - Hows Nate doing????
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  May 13, 2009
 

I think that rude people should just stop reading Karla's beautiful creation that is this site. Get a life "anonymous"!

Their fast speeds only get worse lol. 'A' is so fast! We live on a large property with lots of land that unfortunately isn't fenced, so every time we go outside I'm watching his every move like a hawk because he can just go go go so fast! It's like the blink of an eye!
Posted by Anonymous Krystle :  May 13, 2009
 

It's amazing how fast little legs can run!
Hope Nate, Karla and Mark are all OK.
l,
Amanda x
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  May 14, 2009
 

I think that rude people should just stop reading Karla's beautiful creation that is this site. Get a life "anonymous"!

"No one asked you. I was was not talking to you. The end."
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  May 14, 2009
 

Still...get a life.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  May 14, 2009
 

Easy Cowgirl.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  May 14, 2009
 

Hello

Great of you ro step in. Very worried about poor Nate and how Karla is coping. No mum needs extra stress and worry from a very sick child. Certainly Karla is owed a free pass on occasion ...poor thing.

When you can, let us know how the wee man is doing. Until then he is in our prayers.

Angela
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  May 15, 2009
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Tuesday, May 12, 2009




Recently
Monday, May 11, 2009
Tuesday, May 05, 2009
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009