So where do I begin?
by Karla ° Wednesday, May 11, 2005
I have another blog that I used to write in. I took great pride in that blog (and still do as a matter of fact).

It’s called “We’re Having a Baby”. As the name implies, it was a blog that chronicled my pregnancy journey and all the joys and wonders (sometimes with a comical twist) I experienced.

Many people asked what I would do with that blog once the baby arrived. The name, afterall, didn’t make sense once the baby was actually born. I had decided I would simply change the name to “We Had a Baby” and I would post pictures of my beautiful baby girl and blog about all the wonderful things we shared and learned together and talk about my hopes and dreams and wonderful life as I started my amazing journey into parenthood.

I never for a moment dreamed I would have to change the name to “We had a Baby…and she DIED!” My baby girl did not make it. She sprouted wings only 7 hours after she was born and left me behind to come to terms with not only losing her, but this empty void in my soul that haunts every fiber of my being. A child, so innocent and so perfect. A life I hoped and dreamed for, gone forever.


This is my new blog. My attempt to move past the calamity that has become my life and search for that light at the end of the tunnel everyone keeps telling me exists.

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


You should be proud of your blog...it's an awesome blog that I still look at daily! You definitely have a talent for writing, that the world would be at a loss without. I am totally thrilled you have decided to give the whole blogging thing a go again, even though I wish it didn't have to be under such circumstances. I sure did miss you, and I'm so glad to see you back again!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  May 12, 2005
 

I am glad you are back.
Posted by Blogger Cuppa :  May 13, 2005
 

Glad to see you are back. I cant wait to read your blog again!
 

Hi Karla. I was a reader of your old blog, although I never commented. I'm sorry to hear of your loss, but glad you're back in Blogsville. They say that sharing our joy doubles it, and sorrow shared is halved. I may not always comment here. But I'll pop in every day to see how you're doing. Welcome back.
Posted by Blogger Dale :  May 13, 2005
 

I wish you strength for the search. (I came here via Wash Lady and used to check out your beautiful tummy on the old blog.)
Posted by Blogger Melodee :  May 14, 2005
 

I found your former blog via Cuppa and AC. Even though I can in no way know the vastness of your pain, I hope that writing a new blog can be a bit of catharsis for you.

I wish you the best.
Posted by Blogger Gina :  May 14, 2005
 

Karla, You have been on my mind so much since I heard of you baby girl passing. I have sat here thinking how you and your family are doing. I am glad that you have decided on blogging again and look forward to reading your blog. My prayers and thoughts are still with you as you try to get pass the pain. I found you through Christi.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  May 19, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Wednesday, May 11, 2005




Recently
Sunday, May 01, 2005
Sunday, May 01, 2005
Sunday, May 01, 2005