Bits and Pieces
by Karla ° Tuesday, September 25, 2007
My nephew’s birthday party was fabulous. Everything was perfect. Except for the tiny part where Nate missed his afternoon nap.

Before the party we took him to visit some of my family that he has either never met or met only once in his life.

Shortly into the visit he started crying and wailing and his overtiredness quickly became a self perpetuating disaster of yawning, screaming and tear stained cheeks coupled with a pair of glassy eyes that followed us all the way to the birthday party where he refused to surrender to dreamland amidst all the excitement.

:::


This is my parent's dog, Little Bear.


According to Little Bear, I am her Mother and my Brother is her Father.

This makes my Mom her Grandmother and my Dad her Grandfather.

This also makes our family sound very abnormal.

:::


Speaking of abnormalities, I don’t like cake.

So instead of cake for my birthday, I opted for a Starbucks coffee.

I ordered a grande, non-fat, no foam, vanilla latte.

Mark went all out and ordered a coffee.

When the Barista asked what kind of coffee he wanted, he said he wanted the kind of coffee that tastes like coffee.

Mark also bought me a new curve hugging Lululemon Igloo Zip Up sweater for my birthday.

Apparently, we need to get our priorities in order when an article of clothing costs as much as a fucking vacuum cleaner.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Happy Birthday Karla! I don't particularly like cake either. :-)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  September 25, 2007
 

Argh, I hated it when Mr. P got overstimulated and wouldn't nap. It was always a bad thing.
Posted by Blogger Gina :  September 25, 2007
 

D1 doesn't really care for cake, so we often get an ice cream cake for her. But coffee instead of cake? What about pie?
 

Ah yes AC, I do love ice cream cake.

I have to make an exception for ice cream.

Especially of the Dairy Queen variety.

This year though, there was no birthday cake.
Posted by Blogger karla :  September 25, 2007
 

My brother doesn't like cake. I do very much.
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  September 25, 2007
 

Oh, I know all too well the dangers of the missed afternoon nap.
I do like cake, but would take ice cream cake over normal cake anyday. Plus, the coffee. I am greedy.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  September 26, 2007
 

what about cake with coffee ice cream in the middle...mmmmmm orgasmic!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  September 26, 2007
 

Damn you with the Lululemon, I must have some!

Happy happy day!
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  September 26, 2007
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Tuesday, September 25, 2007




Recently
Monday, September 24, 2007
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Friday, September 21, 2007
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Friday, September 14, 2007
Wednesday, September 12, 2007