Swooning
by Karla ° Monday, January 28, 2008
Back when I got my new Canon Rebel XTi camera in December, a phenomenally awesome professional photojournalist and photographer left an email address where I could contact her if I had any questions.

And because I was all thumbs and found myself just staring at all the buttons and gizmos until my eyes crossed and the camera became a giant black blur of confusion, I sent her email.

From weddings to babies, her professional photography business, Milestone Images, showcases her wickedly talented work. Not to be missed is the 'Trash the Dress' section. After I got over the intial shock of brides frolicking in the ocean in a wedding dress, I have decided that I love this idea. Because seriously, my wedding dress is sitting in a box somewhere, sepia-tinged with age, and I’m quite certain that I will never, ever, fit in it again.

The idea of lying on a white-sand beach, in a flowy white wedding dress, while the dynamic energy of the ocean brushes against your toes sounds whimsically romantic and passionate, no?

Do tell, would you, or have you done this?

I also recommend that you read her guest answer to a question on Alphamom.com for Amalah’s Advice Smackdown on Photo-Friendly Cosmetics, because raise your hand if you have ever been the victim of mysterious forehead grease or a blown-out ghost face in photographs?

That's what I thought.

In the article, she also addresses how to avoid being photographed with a double chin and assures us that our chins are lovely.

Angie is hilariously entertaining, engaging and super witty. She is also a fountain of professional knowledge and talent. Her feedback has been invaluable*, and while I have barely scratched the tip of the photography iceberg, she has definitely given me lots of stuff to run with and it no longer feels so lonely and cold out here in my birthday suit.

If she hadn't already pledged her love to someone else, and I wasn’t already married with a kid in tow, I would totally ask her to marry me.

Swooning!

Thanks Angie!


* No warranties are being made, expressed or implied, that Angie's help means I am any good at taking pictures. Just like having kids, in theory it all makes sense, but in practice, it’s a lot harder than it looks.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Ah, haha. You make me laugh.
I'll leave you and your camera alone. ;)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  January 28, 2008
 

Hooray for good help!

Cameras are a crazy business.

You know I am here too if need be :)
Posted by Blogger Angella :  January 28, 2008
 

You flatter me, lady.

It's always good to have a backup proposal, you know, just in case. I just got the dress, after all. I'm going to marry SOMEBODY on August 9th. :)
 

I am not particularly attached to my wedding dress- it is just hanging in a dry-cleaning bag in our basement- but not sure I would be ready to frolic in it in the ocean either. Maybe in a couple more years.

Hmm.. I'll do it if you do it. ; )
Posted by Blogger Jen :  January 29, 2008
 

OH MY GOSH!
Karla,
You must navigate me to the section on how to avoid the double chin photo! That is my constant problem in phots although I dont THINK I have one in real life??? I went to the site but couldnt find it!!
 

I checked out her site and I am duly impressed!!! Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

And I loved the picture of Nate in your last post. He is such a doll and he is getting sooo big!
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Monday, January 28, 2008




Recently
Friday, January 25, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
Friday, January 18, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Friday, January 11, 2008
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Monday, January 07, 2008
Friday, January 04, 2008