They say
by Karla ° Thursday, June 26, 2008
The proverbial they say to expect crotchetiness and full-fledged misery when your kid begins teething with molars, but I only half pay attention to that sort of stuff because if I actually listened to all the information out there about when to expect my child to be miserable then I’m pretty sure that I would have to force myself to take up a drinking habit.

But they seem to be right this time because we’ve been worriedly struggling to keep Nate’s fever below 102°F for two days straight. Mix in some stubborn irritability and an unearthly amount of mystery diarrhea that magically manifested itself out of what amounts to about three bites of food over the past several days and then a sudden temperature spike to 103.6°F, I decided to take him to the doctors yesterday.

And lo, it’s the molars.

And also Nate’s first ear infection.

They also say that the eyes are the window to the soul and even though Nate’s eyes have cried enough tears to fill a saltwater ocean since he's been born, I think this is the first time they've so clearly registered so much emotion and discomfort.

Seeing him be so expressively in pain breaks my heart a little bit, but it also makes me hopeful.

Hopeful that there's an end in sight to my parental duty as perpetual cutter of food into itty bitty pieces.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


There is nothing worse than molars. We just got through Boston's 2 year old molars and it made all 3 of us miserable! They don't sleep well or eat well and they can't really communicate with you so it's kind of a guessing game on what's going on. It seems like they take forever to come in. Hang in there. You may have to watch a few home movies of Nate on happier days to make you smile and help you make it through. Poor little guy!!
 

Oh Dear, Poor Nate. I hope that he will be all better soon. Those molars can be very nasty!! I remember it well ~ even though my 2 kids are older now, I still remember those sleepless nights and tears (and that was just me ha ha!!).
XX
Posted by Blogger Tabitha :  June 26, 2008
 

Molars are horrible, horrible things. My guy is only 15 months old and already has one molar with the other three trying to emerge along with his canines. Fevers and tantrums and very grumpy moods have been the norm around our house lately.

Good luck!
Posted by Blogger Brandy :  June 26, 2008
 

Yep, the molars are miserable for everyone. Evan barely ate for a week when he was cutting his. He didn't even want his sippy. We ended up letting him drink from his bottle and I put a little chocolate syrup in his milk to get him to drink more than a few sips. His poops were disgusting and his poor little bottom was so red. For that week he lived on Motrin. He would bite anything and everything... including my toes. He dropped a pound or two but made up for it in the weeks following.
Posted by Blogger Beth :  June 26, 2008
 

Oh, poor little muffin. I'll be thinking about you all! Ouch.
I've been babysitting a 12 month old who has been getting fevers, teeth, and ear infections, and they're just so miserable it's awful. Thing about that is, I get to go home, and leave his mom to be up with him all night long. So, I don't envy you!
I'm glad you had such a great time in Vegas, too! Yay!
Posted by Blogger Alison :  June 26, 2008
 

Poor guy and I totally get the sad eyes thing. My daughter rarely feels bad but it is heartbreaking when she does.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  June 26, 2008
 

Poor Nate and POOR YOU!!

Hope all is right again soon :)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  June 26, 2008
 

If you could take the pain for them, you would! My kids all had sore ears when they were teething.
You guys all hang in there, it will get better soon :)
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  June 27, 2008
 

the poor thing I hope he feels better soon!!
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  June 27, 2008
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Thursday, June 26, 2008




Recently
Friday, June 20, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Monday, June 09, 2008
Sunday, June 08, 2008
Friday, June 06, 2008
Monday, June 02, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Tuesday, May 27, 2008