Saccharine sweetness
by Karla ° Sunday, June 8, 2008
While still drifting between islands of sleepy slumber this morning, I made my way over to Nate’s room and there, in the hushed silence of morning shadows, I gazed down at my peacefully sleeping son. Sensing my presence, he stirred, raised his tiny fists above his head to stretch and elongate his sleep-weakened limbs, breathed a delicate whisper of a yawn and then smiled up at me with his piercingly azure baby blues.

God, I’m going to miss him and his saccharine sweetness.

This little family of mine means everything to me. And as much as I love my son with every last fibre of my being, I also know that some one-on-one carefree adult adventures with my sturdy male counterpart will enliven and enrich the very fabric of love this family is built on.


Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


I don't think that sweetness is saccharine but the real thing -- brown sugar if you will. And what amazing eyes. Have a great trip.
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  June 08, 2008
 

Oh, how I long to be in your shoes! Do have fun!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  June 08, 2008
 

He is such an angel.

Enjoy your trip!!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  June 08, 2008
 

I just love the photos of your little man!
Have a great holiday Karla :-D
Love, Amanda x
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  June 08, 2008
 

Um, yes. His eyes are amazing!

(Have so much! fun.)
Posted by Blogger Kerri Anne :  June 08, 2008
 

Have a great trip Karla ~ I know I say this everytime BUT 'Nate just gets cuter and cuter' ~ and he is getting so big now ~ they just grow up so fast!!
have a great trip ~
love and hugs ~ Tabitha XXX
Posted by Blogger Tabitha :  June 08, 2008
 

Have fun!!! You become so much more appreciative of your kids when you get away for a bit...and yes he is breathtakingly cute!
 

He really is so, so beautiful. I think I've let out an audible "oof" at one picture you posted cause the cuteness was too much!
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Sunday, June 08, 2008




Recently
Friday, June 06, 2008
Monday, June 02, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Friday, May 09, 2008
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Wednesday, April 30, 2008