Thanksgiving Dinner: Karla Style
by Karla ° Saturday, October 4, 2008
“Hi Mom. I’m thinking of doing Thanksgiving dinner at my house this year. Can you make the drive to the city?”

“Of course. Do you have a turkey?”

“Um, no...”

“Ok, I'll bring a turkey. Do you need me to cook it for you, too?

“Well...if you don’t mind?”

“What about potatoes. Do you have potatoes?”

“I have sweet potatoes! And a mystery box of instant potatoes! Does that stuff ever expire?”

“Sigh. Ok, I’ll bring the potatoes. Do you need me to bring the stuffing, too?”

“Oh, uh, yeah.”

“And what about the ingredients for gravy?”

“I only have wheat germ, gluten and hard whole wheat flour.”

“I’ll bring flour. Oh, and for dessert, how does lemon meringue pie sound? Do you want me to bring a lemon meringue pie?”

“Sure, Mark loves it. But I don’t eat it, remember? The meringue is too is egg-y”

“So what will you eat?”

“Food without eggs or meat. Mostly wine, probably. How about I handle the wine?”

“Can you buy the buns?”

“Can they be whole grain?”

“Karla!”

“Ok! Ok! I’ll buy the buns and wine. But don’t expect much more from me unless you bring a self-cooking turkey made of soy and basted with an Australian Shiraz!”

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Oh Karla!
Sounds like the ideal thanksgiving dinner to me ~ (someone else cooking it! )
hugs,
Amanda x
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  October 04, 2008
 

Yep ~ that sounds like my kind of Thanksgiving!! I am glad that we don't celebrate it here in the UK ~ I have a hard enough time coping with Christmas!!!!
love and hugs XXXXXXXX
Posted by Blogger Tabitha :  October 04, 2008
 

Hmmmm, it's kinda funny that you'll be doing it at your house. Kinda seems like all the cooking will be done at mom's.

Your Thanksgiving is soon, isn't it?
Posted by Blogger Christi :  October 04, 2008
 

Aw, your Mom sounds wonderful alot like my Mom. Enjoy it :)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  October 04, 2008
 

Now thats the kind of Thanksgiving I would like. But my Mom is the one who does not cook so I get stuck cooking. I think all families have some that cook and some that dont. It makes it all work, at least nobody is fighting over who gets to cook.
Posted by Blogger Heather :  October 05, 2008
 

Australian shiraz!! :) mmm.

Yay, Australia.
Posted by Blogger Alison :  October 06, 2008
 

LMAO that's hilarious!!!

I'd happily ship you some Shiraz lol.

xxx
Posted by Blogger Vanessa x :  October 07, 2008
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Saturday, October 04, 2008




Recently
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008