Ocean
by Karla ° Friday, January 23, 2009
Dear Karla

I hope you and Mark had a wonderful time down south. I can almost feel the intense Caribbean sun shining down on my pale northern Canadian face.

I can hear the beach, the waves coming in from thousands of miles away, large and fierce, but sometimes soft and barely there at all. There is something about the ocean that lifts my spirits. I haven't seen the light blue waters of the Caribbean for a number of years, but try to make it to an ocean once a year.

The endless expanse of water. I love the feeling of looking out and not seeing anything but horizon. I love how the wind tastes and smells standing on a beach.

The last time I saw the ocean was a cold winter morning of 2007. Hubby had to help me down the rocky slope so I could get as close to the water as possible, my belly was already throwing my balance. The sky was a deep blue, the wind was too strong for clouds. We navigated the red sandstone shoreline, tracing out the quartzite nodules with our boots. The wind brought tears to our eyes. We walked until the ocean slammed directly into the cliffs we were scaling.

A somewhat different ocean experience then what you had I imagine!

Somehow I think lawn chairs and cabanas wouldn't quite work on the north shore of Prince Edward Island....

It was great fun staying in your corner of the interweb. Thank you for asking me to guest post.

I hope you have a safe return.

and, bring some of that sun with you...ok?

- B
Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


It was nice to read your entries while Karla was away. Thanks for that.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  January 24, 2009
 

Thank you for posting while Karla was away ~ sorry it was a somewhat rocky ride for you ~ but I personally have loved having you here!
Take care ~ hope you will guest blog again soon.
Love and hugs Tabitha XXXX
Posted by Blogger Tabitha :  January 24, 2009
 

It's been lovely having you write while Karla has been away. Hope to 'see' you again soon!
love,
Amanda x
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  January 24, 2009
 

It was really nice reading your entries B, like Karla, you're a beautiful writer. I know some part of this experience were discouraging but you should consider starting your own blog! Seems like you have a lot to write about with your very busy life!
Anyways take care, hope to hear from you again!
Love,
Krystle.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  January 25, 2009
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Friday, January 23, 2009




Recently
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Thursday, January 08, 2009
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Friday, January 02, 2009
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008