Unexpected
by Karla ° Tuesday, January 6, 2009
I didn’t ask for anything for Christmas this year because Mark and I are planning to move in a few months and, well, a home is expensive. This house of ours, although cozy and humble and filled with so much happiness, is also filled with tremendous sadness. So much sadness. This is the house we moved into only a few short weeks into my pregnancy with Ava, hopeful and giddy about starting a family, and this is the house we returned to, arms empty, crushed and altered after she died. This is the place, day in and day out, I walk the same halls where I used to scream until I collapsed under the weight of an unfathomable truth. This house, well, it’s just never really felt like home since.

And so, we’ve been saving our pennies and waiting and waiting and obsessively checking MLS for like, oh, YEARS and we are finally thisclose to being ready to buy another house. But despite all of our penny pinching and a fridge full of no name condiments, Santa kept relentlessly insisting that I need to sit on his lap and tell him what I wanted for Christmas. And by Santa, I mean Mark. And although I think dude was just looking for some action, I guess he thought I was a very good girl last year because he brought me a plane ticket to another part of the world that is sunny and warm and covered with endless white sand beaches.

And we leave, like, soon.

To say I am excited to bask in the warmth of a soft Caribbean breeze and sip, oh man, who are we kidding, gluttonously indulge in the free-flowing girly drinks topped with cute little umbrellas is a bit of an understatement.

So, in two weeks, if anyone happens to be in Punta Cana, come over and say Hi! I’m the one with the sunburn sporting the body of a 12 year old boy with a beer gut.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Oh wow! I might be a little green over here, but you deserve it! I hope you have the best time!
Can't wait to see some pics!
Posted by Blogger Finelly :  January 06, 2009
 

Nice! I know you will but I will say it anyway - Have a great time!

Wendy
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  January 06, 2009
 

Mark = awesone
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  January 06, 2009
 

To say I am jealous would be an understatement.
Posted by Blogger Lovebuzz38 :  January 06, 2009
 

Lucky You!!!
I hope you both have a wonderful time ;-)
I'm just a tad green with envy!
l,
Amanda x
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  January 06, 2009
 

Oh Wow, That Santa is a great guy ha ha !!
Have fun and enjoy!
Love and hugs Tabitha XXX
Posted by Blogger Tabitha :  January 06, 2009
 

So I know this is obnoxious, but every time you write a post like this I think you are going to reveal the appearance of two pink line. Guess this time it'll be swimsuit straps. Have a blast!
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  January 06, 2009
 

Santa was good to you this year!

have a great vacation.
 

Lol...terrible but funny description of yourself!
Have lots of fun and lots of relaxation! You guys deserve it...hell, what parent's don't?
Have a blast, I'll miss your entries in the mean time!
Posted by Blogger Krystle :  January 06, 2009
 

Lucky you! I'm SOOOOooo jealous. It's been so frickin' cold around her for so long, I'd give almost anything for a warm vacation.
 

So overwhelmed with jealousy.
(And c'mon! You know you rock that bikini, girl!)
Posted by Blogger Dawn :  January 08, 2009
 

Say it isn`t so I will miss you tremendously..Barc`
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  January 08, 2009
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Tuesday, January 06, 2009




Recently
Friday, January 02, 2009
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Thursday, December 04, 2008
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008