Don't even get me started on the underwire bra
by Karla ° Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Last weekend we went and had our family portrait taken because of all the photo’s that I have taken of Nate, all but only a couple of them include the three of us, and in one of them my eyes are closed and the other one has a beer bottle in the background and I don’t know about you, but I’m not so keen on hanging a framed bottle of Budweiser on my wall.

Of course, as luck would have it, the night before our family portrait session was scheduled; Nate was up all night long. We thought for sure he was getting a tooth because I don’t think I have ever heard him scream for so many hours like that. Finally, after 4:00 in the morning he finally went down and I swear, just as Mark and I were coming down from the frantic all night scream fest, the alarm went off. Usually early morning is the best time of the day for Nate but after enduring a fitful night of distress, we were all drained and weary and I should have just called and cancelled the whole thing but apparently I like it when we can be all surly and crotchety together as a family and insisted we just get it over and done with.

Although we aren’t exactly a dress-up kind of family, I thought it might be nice to ditch the yoga pants for a day and wear something that at least gave the illusion of class and didn’t scream frumpy housewife. It’s not that I hate nice clothes, it’s just that after years of being pregnant and then not pregnant and then being pregnant again and then not pregnant and then pregnant again and then not pregnant, I have grown so comfortably complacent wearing stretchy yoga pants that I just don’t bother wearing much of anything else anymore because a) all of my pants were hemmed so they could be worn with heels and carrying Nate while wearing heels makes my back hurt because I am 90 and I like to complain and b) all of my dressy pants require me to wear a thong so there is no visible panty line but most days I am already dangling by the wisp of a thread trying to survive this whole mothering thing that I just sort of think if there is any extra thread laying around, it could be put to much better use than being parked between the cheeks of my ass.

But anyhow, I digress. Once we were all finally up and fed and dressed and done grumbling about wearing a thong, Nate decided to puke on me.

I swear that is the last time ever that I get out of bed for $5.88 family portrait day at Wal-Mart.

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Oy! The teething scream-fests! I remember them well!
Posted by Blogger Gina :  June 26, 2007
 

Karla....that is the funniest story. I want a copy of that picture for SURE! Hopefully after all that effort, Nate smiled in the picture

Teena
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  June 26, 2007
 

I can totally relate! When Lucas was a baby (3 weeks old) we went to Sears to get a family picture. They accept walk-ins, so we decided to just go on in. After getting us all ready and making sure Lucas had recently eaten, we headed in. Only to find out they were booked for the night. So, we made an appointment and went back a few days later.

So, we go back and Lucas will not wake up. We strip him down, change his outfit, and nothing worked. We finally got called back and Lucas woke up. We sat down and they took the first picture...Lucas had his eyes open, but Logan (3.5 at the time) had a goofy cmile and his eyes were squinted. Well, Logan decided that he was afraid of the flash. He was looking at the camera in the first picture (goofy smile and all) and in the second picture he was looking at the flash. By the third picture, he was having a total melt down and screaming and crying. I should have given up and gone home, but I was determined that we would get a picture!! So, we stayed and got lovely pictures of our sleeping baby and teary-eyed toddler!! believe it or not, we actually did get a good picture or two, but if you look closely you can see that Logan's eyes are bright red.

Then we took the boys for pictures on Mother's Day. That was fun!! Lucas did not want his picture taken and most of them are of him crawling off or of his brother strangling him trying to keep him sitting up for the picture!
Posted by Blogger Candi :  June 26, 2007
 

They have Wal-Mart in Canada?
Posted by Blogger Jules :  June 26, 2007
 

Can't wait to see them! :)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  June 26, 2007
 

That stinks! We just had Porgie's one year pictures taken. However, I wasn't brave enough for the family portrait.
Posted by Blogger Christy :  June 26, 2007
 

Do we get to see the pictures?

Hope you sleep well tonight!
Posted by Blogger Heather Plett :  June 26, 2007
 

I think the point of "the family portrait" is not to give you a great picture, but to give you a hilarious story you'll always remember. My youngest sister used to draw all over herself in marker before such sessions, and we still have the photos to prove it!
Posted by Blogger H :  June 27, 2007
 

The "wisp of a thread" line was very witty.
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  June 27, 2007
 

I'm holding my breath till we get to see the pics.

Oh, and in case you didn't know, babies spit up on the people they love the most...thus the reason he saved it for such a special occasion, he really, REALLY loves you!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  June 27, 2007
 

Oh my gosh...you have a way of turning an awful day into a funny story...a rare ability. Treasure it!

Can't wait to see the pics!
Posted by Blogger Cate :  July 04, 2007
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Tuesday, June 26, 2007




Recently
Friday, June 22, 2007
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Monday, June 18, 2007
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Friday, June 08, 2007
Wednesday, June 06, 2007