Eye hate it when he's right
by Karla ° Tuesday, July 17, 2007

This morning when Nathan woke up, his left eye was all bloodshot. Kind of like he had spent the night boozing it up, but I know he didn’t leave his crib last night because you cannot lower the rails on that thing without creating enough clamor and ruckus to disturb the slumber of Satan himself in the vaults of hell. The crib annoys me that much.

Anyhow, his left eye. The white has been replaced with a murderous shade of red. Mark took one look at it and said, “Oh, he burst a blood vessel.” And I didn’t believe him because the last time I burst a vessel in my eye like that was after a night of violently emptying the contents of a stomach full of daiquiri mix and rum. And for the record, I am not a light weight. It was the sugar.

Ignoring Mark, I turned to the all knowing omnipotent powers of Dr. Google. After a quick scan, the bastard diagnosed my son with pink eye and said that he needed to go and see a real doctor with a real degree right away because his eye might fall out. Also for the record, I thoroughly enjoy reading websites that put the fear of God into me over totally harmless bacteria.

So upon the advice of Dr. Google, I went to see a real doctor with a fancy degree and everything on their wall and as it turns out, Mark was right. Nate's eye has a bursted blood vessel. Probably due to coughing from all of the cigarettes he smokes.

Anyhow, don’t tell Mark that he was right ok? Because I hate it when he’s right.

Instead I’m going to tell him that the cats infected his son with their big crazy herpes.

Labels: , , ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


I promise I won't tell! ;-)

You know, sometimes I think Logan is gonna pop a blood vessel in his eye when he's pushin' out a big poop...maybe that's what happened! ;-)

Hope little Nate's eye clears up soon!
Posted by Blogger Cate :  July 17, 2007
 

I'm glad it's not an infection and I'm loving reading the mind messing that bloggers are doing with their spouses these days. :)
Posted by Blogger Laura :  July 17, 2007
 

Oh good thing it's not pinkeye, that would just be hard to do with such a young guy.

I hate it when my husband is right, too.

Fortunately for me, it isn't all that often.
Posted by Blogger Gina :  July 17, 2007
 

when my dh is right i just deny it.... if i deny it, it never happened

yes i am that powerfull
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 17, 2007
 

Your secret is safe here! Too funny about telling him it's the cat's fault...I hate when they are right...
Posted by Blogger angie :  July 17, 2007
 

Last time I burst a blood vessel I was pushing out Andrew. Before that, I burst one while being born! I hate to say it, but I'm glad Mark was right.
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  July 17, 2007
 

I've never heard of a busted blood vessel in someone's eye. Icky!

Trey says that when he's right, it takes me four months to come around. No, I know right away, I just don't admit it for that long!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  July 17, 2007
 

Ha ha! Mark will never let you hear the end of this one ;)
Posted by Blogger H :  July 17, 2007
 

Dr. Google is actually the devil in disguise. Something about every internet-savvy person being provided the information to "diagnose" themselves is just not a good thing. I convinced myself I had "hairy tongue" once, yeah sick and in reality I had a burst taste bud. Then... I also diagnosed myself with menopause, thanks Google. Two for two WRONG. But it is so tempting and freaks me out everytime. Glad to hear your diagnosis for Nate was wrong, even if mark had to be right this one time cuz pinkeye is NASTY.
Posted by Blogger Lindz :  July 18, 2007
 

It does happen: sometimes men are right and women are wrong. Congratulations for admitting it; it's a step. :)
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  July 18, 2007
 

LMAO.

Cat herpes. Hilarious. Anyways, your secret is safe with me.
Posted by Blogger The Bizza :  July 18, 2007
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Tuesday, July 17, 2007




Recently
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Monday, July 09, 2007
Sunday, July 08, 2007
Friday, July 06, 2007
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Monday, July 02, 2007
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Thursday, June 28, 2007