Sad to be a Human
by Karla ° Sunday, July 8, 2007
Have you seen this site yet?

http://www.helpmybabylive.com/

I used to think that I would need to make an appearance in hell to get my blood boiling with the same ferocity that it did when I saw that site – and I’m (kinda sorta in certain circumstances) pro choice – even after experiencing infant loss and a miscarriage. What I am not however, is keen on a child growing up in an environment where its parents have obviously given their brains a one way ticket to the moon if they will only proceed with a pregnancy if there is financial gain.

The fact that they won’t consider adoption because the mother is afraid she will love the child too much to give it away means that deep down she already loves her baby. And then she goes ahead and holds her unborn child for ransom and threatens abortion if she does not receive money to raise it? Dear God the insanity in that logic makes me sad to be a human.

Since attempting any sane communication with those people would obviously be futile, my husband wrote this nice letter to the people at PayPal.

Policy regarding human trafficking and ransom

It appears that you currently have no acceptable use policy concerning using the PayPal system for the purposes of ransom and/or human trafficking. I would sincerely encourage that you add a statement as such so that websites such as this are not allowed to operate in conjunction with your service in the future.

Unfortunately by allowing your service to be used for this purpose you are, by virtue, condoning it and encouraging others to use your service in a similar manner. Also, by profiting from the credit card transactions PayPal is clearly willing to choose financial gain through morally reprehensible actions over being a good corporate citizen.

I would strongly encourage you to reconsider this particular PayPal account as well as your policy governing use of your service.

Sincerely,

Mark

If those people cannot be reasoned with, hopefully Corporate America can put aside its harrowing pursuit of profit and do the right thing and shut them down.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


All I can do is shake my head... wow.
Posted by Blogger Mrs. Merriman :  July 08, 2007
 

I saw this site and it is horrible. I wrote a blog about it too and I can't believe that there are people actually donating!!! That gets me just as much that people actually support them!!! Oh and have you read some of their hate mail...they are interesting too. Paypal did shut down their part so no one can use paypal to give them money. Great idea for Mark to write to them directly!!
Posted by Blogger angie :  July 08, 2007
 

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the website snopes.com? They debunk a lot of crap that is out there and this website is one of them:
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/helpmybabylive.asp

Kudos to Mark for writing to paypal. Because it is still unsure whether or not this site is for real...
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  July 08, 2007
 

blogger cut off the last part!
put .asp at the end
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  July 08, 2007
 

Wow. Just incredible.
Posted by Blogger theotherbear :  July 08, 2007
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Oh. My. Gosh. That is sick. Federal governments should clarify that the word "person" as used in their respective trafficking prohibitions applies to fetuses so if this ever happens again these people have a direct ticket to the slammer.
 

Ah! Heather - thank you for that link to snopes.

I guess no one knows for sure what's up with that site, but gee, anyone who wants to have a laugh at the expence of possibly terminating an innocent life under those circumstances still makes me sad to be a human.

That simply is not funny.
Posted by Blogger karla :  July 08, 2007
 

i saw this site a while ago and just the other day, saw it on snoopes.

people are gross...
pigs as a matter of fact.

did mark hear from paypal?
erika
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 08, 2007
 

Hey, it looks like Mark's email did the trick! I just went to the site and Paypal has banned them. Good work!
Posted by Blogger L.McQueen :  July 08, 2007
 

I hope it is a prank. Either way it's sick.
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  July 08, 2007
 

It looks like you husband's letter did some good. PAYPAL is no longer taking donations. What the heck is this world coming to?!?! I could not believe this!
Posted by Blogger Trish :  July 08, 2007
 

All I can say is, I HOPE this is a scam. Sad, pathetic people.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 09, 2007
 

I forgot to add that I emailed the web hosting company. Do they know that such a site is being hosted by them?!? Tsk tsk.
Posted by Blogger Mrs. Merriman :  July 09, 2007
 

I am inclined to think it is a hoax, and the people on the site are just looking to make money off of stupid/gullible people.

Either way, it sucks the big one.
Posted by Blogger Gina :  July 09, 2007
 

I personally think it's just some immature kid's idea of a sick prank, but even so, it's still pretty pathetic. Anyway, I'm glad they shut down their paypal account. Good work Mark!
Posted by Blogger Lovebuzz38 :  July 09, 2007
 

yeah eww. i was infurated when i read this especially in my situation right now. i'm fighting to keep my baby and the assholes are looking for money screw em
 

That site has SCAM written all over it! I agree with Heather, kudos to Mark for writting to paypal!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 09, 2007
 

THAT IS SO DISGUSTING! "If we dont make enough we'll just abort it" as if they'd donate the money back to a charity. They are lazy and should not be allowed to live. I am so disgusted that people like that can even use Paypal (well not anymore they got shut down) but regardless, does paypal not look into this stuff?

Good on you guys for posting this!
Posted by Blogger MarlaSinger :  July 09, 2007
 

Kaarla,
I went to the site and was disgusted with what I saw. The only good thing was that PayPal has shut down their account. So, way to go Mark! I applaud you for your efforts and at least now they can stop scamming people!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 09, 2007
 

Just wanted to let you know that they have admitted it was a prank and that no money was collected.
WARING THOUGH, the site NOW is VERY graphic. Do not go there if you are weak of stomach.
Posted by Blogger Finelly :  July 10, 2007
 

That is the sickest prank I have ever heard of…as a mother I am completely shaken up from the sight of those pictures…other than that, I'm speechless...
Posted by Blogger Cate :  July 10, 2007
 

Oh I wish I read your reply first Finelly :( The link now is very very upsetting.

What an awful thing to do. Some people just have no idea.
Posted by Blogger Vanessa x :  July 21, 2007
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Sunday, July 08, 2007




Recently
Friday, July 06, 2007
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Monday, July 02, 2007
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Friday, June 22, 2007
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Tuesday, June 19, 2007