Mommy Mobile
by Karla ° Thursday, February 28, 2008
I wish I had some really exciting news about where I have been all week, but I don’t. I’ve just been busy doing taxes, interviewing potential daycare providers for Nate and buying a Minivan.

It’s about damn time, too, because our two-door Pontiac Sunfire GT is just too small now that we have added a car seat and a goliath-sized 90lb dog to our family repertoire.

Extended travel has become rather uncomfortable, and although we do manage to squeeze our bodies into the car, I am so totally tired of cramming my knees into my stomach to accommodate Nate’s car seat. And of course, there is the problem of limited luggage space.

It took us a long time to agree on getting a Minivan. First, Mark wanted a sports car, and I said, “But Baby, just think of all the bugs Nate will swallow driving around town with the top down.” And then Mark wanted an SUV, and I said, “But Baby, there’s no back row for Samson to stretch out his great big giant dogs legs.” And then Mark said, “Fine, we’ll get a Minivan, but I want features.”

And this is a perfect example of how marriage is all about compromise. I vetoed every single car that Mark wanted, I am getting exactly what I want, and Mark is getting lots of sporty buttons to push.

Our newish (used) van, which I have affectionately named Philippe, comes from the French speaking province of Quebec. He is only 8 months old and is currently purchased on condition that the dealer will clean him up and detail him perfectly before we fork over a cheque. He is an extra-long version, if you know what I mean, hon hon hon, and his leather-wrapped steering device feels oh so smooth under the palm of my hands. He has a 3.9L engine, which means very little to me, except that he’s got balls.

And friends, between balls and the up and down motion of his power seat, I think I might be in love.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Awesome! That is so good to hear! Also good is that you are such the comprimiser! Very impressed. "But, Babyyyyyy!"
Hehehe. You're too cute.
Good luck.
Posted by Blogger Alison :  February 28, 2008
 

May you and Philppe have a long and rewarding uh, relationship!
Posted by Blogger Gina :  February 28, 2008
 

Philippe sounds really lovely!!! (hope you will both be very happy together - ha ha!!!). Love the new wedding photos....more please...I love wedding piccies!!!!
Posted by Blogger Tabitha :  February 28, 2008
 

It was hard for me to come around, but I don't know if I could ever go back now. I LOVE the space...and all the extras. Just ask Julia about her "new" minivan.
Posted by Blogger Christi :  February 28, 2008
 

its soooo about time, i can't imagine squooshing that dog into anything other then a mini van
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Thursday, February 28, 2008




Recently
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Tuesday, February 05, 2008