The Mind of a Married Man
by Karla ° Sunday, February 10, 2008
Mark rented a movie on Friday night that I was totally not interested in seeing. For reasons that I do not quite understand, I can’t bring myself to watch movies that include swords, sprawling empires and crusading medieval characters riding horses pimped out in more sartorial bling than I've had in my entire wardrobe since birth.

So while he watched his movie, I huddled next to him on the couch and sought alternative sources of entertainment from my laptop.

I recently joined Twitter after learning about it from one of my all time favourite bloggers. I swear I am always the last to know about everything. A meteor could be barrelling towards earth at an alarmingly devastating breakneck speed and I bet I would be the last human to know about it because the memo was sent while I was stuck in a line up at Wal-Mart trying to buy a sippy cup that does not leak, for crying out loud, and then seconds before the impending earth-shattering collision, I’d catch a fleeting glimpse of the cosmic destroyer before it landed directly on my head.

Anyhow, as Mark reached his hand into the bag of Zesty Doritos carefully positioned for equal ease of access between us, I saw him glance over at the computer screen.

“What’s that,” he asked, nodding his head in the direction of the most recent tweets.

“Twitter.”

“Twitter?”

“Yeah, Twitter. It’s a social media thing, to keep in touch with people. And you know, be nosy.”

“So, if you twittered in the past, does that make it a twat?

And that friends, is an inside look into the mind of the man I married. It’s all about knighthood chivalry and twats.

Labels: , ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


oh twat he's a guy and therefore would make sense why that would be in his manly head hahaha oh yah without forgetting knighthood and chivalry
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  February 10, 2008
 

That sounds like my husband LOL
 

Silly Mark. It's twattered. Now pass the Doritos.
Posted by Blogger H :  February 10, 2008
 

Hee!

I really need to meet you guys.

I'm glad you joined Twitter and added me :)
Posted by Blogger Angella :  February 10, 2008
 

BWAH!!

I totally burst out laughing when I read that.

Twat...indeed!
Posted by Blogger Poppy :  February 10, 2008
 

I LOVE YOU! That made my weekend....
that was otherwise filled with rice cereal, sippy cups, and diapers!!!
LOL
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  February 11, 2008
 

What a guy..
Typical.
So, I started my third student teaching placement today, and while the rest of the real teachers were doing actual work in the staffroom, I sat there doodling balloons and pretty pictures on April 14th in my diary, because, I swear, there's no way Launceston is going without a balloon in its sky on that day. I promise. I'm finally getting my freaking lisence on April 11th so I'm gonna drive some place real pretty. :) Hope you're well. :)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  February 11, 2008
 

That sounds exactly like something like my husband would say. he he he.
Posted by Blogger Brandy :  February 11, 2008
 

Teach me, Teach me! I have a twitter account but have no idea how to use it! I need help!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  February 11, 2008
 

Thank goodness I've never Twittered!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  February 12, 2008
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Sunday, February 10, 2008




Recently
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Friday, February 01, 2008
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Monday, January 28, 2008
Friday, January 25, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
Friday, January 18, 2008