Old stomping grounds
by Karla ° Thursday, May 29, 2008
My parent’s live footsteps away from a heavily tree-lined portion of the Trans Canada Trail and directly across from a soul-quenching waterfront pathway that winds around the peacefully calm southerly tip of Georgian Bay.

I spent my childhood exploring meandering rivers, rickety old bridges, abandoned train tracks and a haunted British naval base and if there is one thing that I miss about living in Penetang, it’s the historic charisma of this town. Well that and all the juicy small town gossip, like knowing who ate what for lunch yesterday and whether or not they had a pickle on the side.

~ : ~



The self proclaimed World Famous Dock Lunch. In the distance is Saint Ann's Roman Catholic Church, also known as the The Cathedral of the North. The bells on this romanesque style church are rung daily at 8:00 am., noon and 6:00 pm., and if I was religious, this is where I would go to confess my sins, like shopping on Sundays and the time I coveted my neighbour’s manservant.

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Beautiful pictures!
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  May 29, 2008
 

I love the photos too!!
What a beautiful place you grew up in ~ I bet it was great exploring there as a child ~ the haunted British Naval Base sounds interesting!!!!
love and hugs, Tabitha xxx
Posted by Blogger Tabitha :  May 29, 2008
 

Beautiful pictures and looks and sounds like a great place to grow up:-D
Love Amanda x
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  May 30, 2008
 

I tend to poke fun of growing up in "the tang". but secretly, I really do miss it. beautiful pictures karla :)

Erin Vander Kooij
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  May 30, 2008
 

Wow! Great photos, Karla!

We live walking distance from the Trans Canada Trail too, only in BC :)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  May 30, 2008
 

Really nice pics! What a great place to grow up.
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Thursday, May 29, 2008




Recently
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Friday, May 09, 2008
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008