Anaerobic dementia and writer's block
by Karla ° Friday, May 9, 2008
I have some serious issues with writer’s block lately. Armed with a head full of words and raring-to-go fingers, I’ll sit down at my laptop only to find myself aimlessly wandering the Internet; motivation and inspiration sucked into the nebulous abyss of directionless surfing.

I'm going to blame this sudden lack of focus on anaerobic dementia. In the last four weeks, I have run the equivalent of three and half marathons, which is the equivalent of over 147 adrenaline-fuelled kilometers under my belt, each heart-pounding step taken behind the behemoth girth of a fixed-wheel jogging stroller.

Running for the soul is transformative, rejuvenating, and tiring all at the same time.

So while uncovering the mysterious potential of my body, I’m stuck with this uncomfortable inability to find the creative focus to write.

Maybe I need a more balanced approach when it comes to releasing all of this physical and creative energy.

Or maybe I just need more carbs. More creativity-sparking, alcohol-loaded carbs.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


I prefer my carbs with chocolate chips. Oooo...and lots of butter. Oh, and dunked in tea.

I'm totally making cookies tonight.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  May 09, 2008
 

i love the thought of a beer, only here in hawaii its not even 8 am lol so it will have to wait....i love your blogs, i have read most of them in my spare time. you are a gifted writer and i am sorry for what happened to your babies, your son is a stunning little boy! take care of yourself
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  May 09, 2008
 

You INSPIRE ME with all that running!

My knees would break and I would be a mess, but I wish I could!!

But yes, you need a bevvie :)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  May 09, 2008
 

yea, I don't think of blogging when I run. Running is the greatest mind clearer there is...and it can make you oh so tired. Naps help. All the elite runners take naps daily.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  May 09, 2008
 

Well, anything from you is interesting.

Also:

That photo of Nate with the tulips (there are seven!!) is awesome. Seven pink tulips seems like a really cool version of seven pink balloons. Like I said, Nate's big sister will never ever ever leave.

Happy Mothers Day, friend.
Posted by Blogger Alison :  May 11, 2008
 

pennynickeldime: WOW! That is so incredibly insightful. I never noticed that.
Posted by Blogger karla :  May 11, 2008
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Friday, May 09, 2008




Recently
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Friday, April 11, 2008
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Friday, April 04, 2008
Wednesday, April 02, 2008