Music in my veins
by Karla ° Friday, July 25, 2008
My trusty running companion died. He’s been with me since the very beginning of my running days and to be honest, I don’t know how I could go on without him. He never failed to motivate and inspire with his pace-enhancing beats and when his screen came up blank after I had snugly strapped him to my body last night, a little piece of my heart died with him. And little piece of my wallet, too. Because after about 3.2 seconds of grieving the loss of my MP3 player, I buckled my Lululemon-embellished ass into the car to go and buy a new one – stat!

I can’t run without the steady rhythm of music flowing through my veins. Mark on the other hand, can’t stand running with earphones firmly planted in his ears. He says working out has become a meditative state and that music just messes with his Zen-like running concentration. This is coming from the same man who likes to pump iron while watching TMZ and insists that his hard-earned biceps grow more rapidly when I kiss them.

Tomorrow, my parents are coming to visit and I plan on taking full advantage of having some free childcare to get in a long run sans jogging stroller. I’m currently loading songs onto my new pearlescent pink MP3 player with songs to enliven and carry me through a planned 17km (10.5mi) run and would love to hear your most heart-pumping, energy-inciting recommendations.

And, um, any information you are aware of that correlates summer evening alcohol consumption on a sun-warmed lounge chair to increased aerobic performance would be great, too.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


When I first started reading your entry, I thought you were talking about Samson!! My heart sank, then oh thank god, she is talking about her ipod... whew..... well I hope you enjoy your new addition to the family. :)
 

I'm like you- I can't run without music, my long runs seem 5x longer without it! There's something about a beat that just pumps you up! Good luck on your half training. I did my first half two years ago- it was amazing to cross the finish line!
Posted by Blogger CP :  July 25, 2008
 

Dare- Gorillaz
Makes me want to stop the car and run along beside it.
 

I Run For Life (Melissa Ethridge). Now, from previous posts that I've read, I'm not entirely sure that we have the same taste in music, however this song NEVER fails to rekindle my dwindling motivational spark, enabling me to cross the finish line. Good luck
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 26, 2008
 

I too, at first glance, thought it was about Samson and my heart dropped! Glad it was only the IPOD.
 

Me too!! I panicked and thought that it was Samson ~ so glad that it wasn't!!
You are so wonderful being able to run all that way ~ well done XXXXX
Posted by Blogger Tabitha :  July 26, 2008
 

Ok, I love reading you...I do, but if you scare me like that again, I'll have to come through this here puter and have a heart to heart with ya. I so thought you were talking about Samson and was ready to cry for you. Especially since you were talking about him puking on the pillow the other day. *sigh*

On a lighter note, I have had quite the addiction to itunes lately. I MUST also have my tunes and/or channel receiver when I am on the treadmill at the gym. I feel ya, girl.
Posted by Blogger Finelly :  July 27, 2008
 

I am so horribly outdated with my music it isn't even funny.

I am thinking that the evening beverages will encourage you to run harder to burn them off :)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 27, 2008
 

Just a heads up that I wrote a long response to your question about tripods and flash, etc. You might just want to keep an eye on your spam filter.
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Friday, July 25, 2008




Recently
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Monday, July 07, 2008
Thursday, July 03, 2008
Monday, June 30, 2008
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Friday, June 20, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008