...but Daddy farts louder
by Karla ° Saturday, February 21, 2009
I swear having a toddler is like the craziest, most insanely entertaining trip in life, ever. Not a day goes by that I don’t have to stifle a giggle or leave the room to hide my face in a pillow and keel over from uncontrollable laughter over the fact that my kid told me I have a penis only minutes after we so totally established that girls have vaginas.

Just today Nate announced in a very crowded play room filled with coffee-drinking adults and hyped-on-juice toddlers that MOMMY TOOTS! And it wasn’t just like he could mention it in passing and I could, you know, pretend to ignore him. It was like THE MOST IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT EVER that needed to repeated over and over and over. I finally said yes, but but Daddy toots louder! I am so all about The Diversion.

And just a few hours ago, after Nate woke up from his nap, Mark and I were sitting with him on the sofa eating a snack and while we were having this really great family moment, we tried to teach Nate the concept of a middle name and a last name. This worked well except for the fact that Nate decided his full name is Nathan SpongeBob.

This kind of reminds me of my cousin, who, after seeing a picture of my long-haired Father during his teenage hippie years asked, “Is that a picture of Paul when he was a girl?”

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Don't ya just love kids....
My daughter usually waits until we are in a packed supermarket que before she makes her life changing announcements to anyone who will listen!
I have given up being embarassed or trying to talk my way out of it ~ I just stand and smile.....and quietly die inside ha ha !

I love that Nates new name ~ very cute!
Love and hugs Tabitha XXX
Posted by Blogger Tabitha :  February 21, 2009
 

That is one thing I fear that my son is now into toddlerhood. My mom tells me that now that I am mom, she hopes Peyton does the same things to me. :) I use to say things about my mom to strangers that would make her die with embarrasement. One time I told a stranger that my mommy was having a black baby when she was pregnant with my sister. I loved black babies and wanted her to have one so bad! My dad told the stranger, nope it is my child my wife is having. Funny how kids can be so honest or dishonest to the point of embarrasement!
 

Hee hee! "Mommy TOOTS!" That's awesome. At least he didn't whip out the anatomical vocabulary. Gotta love toddlers.
 

Wait till he starts noticing the differences in other people, and LOUDLY announces them out in public! The fun never ends!

Now you see why I had three....

Oh, and if Nate were here, he'd be Nathan Bob-Bob, according to Cole.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  February 22, 2009
 

Never a dull moment,eh??!
And boys will be boys!
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  February 22, 2009
 

bahahahahahaha awesome
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  February 22, 2009
 

At least he didn't ask "Mommy, why does that man have chocolate all over his face?" when he notices a black man in the check out line next to you.
Now that my friend, is sheer horror.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  February 23, 2009
 

Hah! I love the questions from little kids! When my younger sister was really little, we found out one day that she thought my dad was Mexican, as he is darker skinned than the rest of the (very, very pasty, tow-headed, blue-eyed) family and speaks Spanish. She was walking around announcing to people that our family was Caucasian, except for Daddy. Random thoughts from the minds of toddlers.
Posted by Blogger JCF :  February 25, 2009
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Saturday, February 21, 2009




Recently
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Monday, February 09, 2009
Friday, February 06, 2009
Monday, February 02, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009