Pocket full of kisses
by Karla ° Monday, February 2, 2009
I’ve been staring at my computer screen for days silently willing my fingers to type…something for Pete’s sake. God, Karla, eff? Since when can you not find words?

I think my mind is still stuck on a velvet Caribbean shoreline where talcum-soft sand caressed my toes. A place where I witnessed the dawn of a new day unfold under the graceful arc of a rising sun. A place where the weather was so divine that I had to call management, oh, only once or twice to remove a cloud from the sky.

And the night sky. Oh the night sky. Mark and I stood in absolute blackness, hands embraced above the quiver of a rippling tide in complete awe at the endless firmament of a million glittering diamonds in the sky.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m happy to be home. God how I missed Nate and his endless penchant for milk and the sweetness of his bedtime kisses and insistence that I keep them in my pocket. I kind of even missed cleaning his ketchup-laced fingerprints off of my white cupboards. Also? Man it's nice that Mark and I can return to our regularly scheduled programming of blaming mystery smells on the dog.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Back to reality with a bang!
I bet Nate had fun being spoiled rotten with his grandparents while you were away!!
love,
Amanda x
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  February 02, 2009
 

Poor old Samson ~ getting the blame for all those funny smells ha ha !!

Hope that you are back in the swing of things soon.
Take care ~ love and hugs Tabitha XXXX
Posted by Blogger Tabitha :  February 02, 2009
 

I'm glad you had a good time! It is much different returning to reality after simple bliss (not that I have any experience with this... my bliss involves kid-free shopping). I bet Nate is glad to have you back, though!
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  February 03, 2009
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Monday, February 02, 2009




Recently
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Thursday, January 08, 2009