Crunch time
by Karla ° Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Words here have been rather sparse these days but the buzz of activity in this home is far from stagnant. It’s crunch time before we move into our new house with more bedrooms than I ever plan to have kids, but that’s only because I’ve promised my friends who live down the street their own bedroom because we’ll no longer be in walking distance of each other anymore. We define walking distance with a very complex mathematical formula that equals the distance one can travel on foot while carrying X amount of alcohol.

We move in less than a week and in a couple of days I'll be heading to pick up my Mom who will stay here to guard the floor-to-ceiling boxes with Nate while I leave the country to assist accomplished Photojournalist/Photographer Angie at a weekend-long wedding shoot. And then I'll return to Canada, sleep for like, three hours and then OH MY GOD! Keys to move into the new house!

Just as soon as we finish a backbreaking good time of loading our entire lives into 26 feet of truck space and actually figure how to drive said massively ginourmous vehicle and not take out a lamp post every time we turn a corner.

Our house is almost packed and it feels like I've already packed 26 million boxes of... what? I don't even know anymore, but whatever is in them, apparently, life still forges on and it just makes me wonder how we’ve barely even noticed the fact that 95% of our very important worldly possessions are haphazardly stuffed inside cardboard containers that have not been used in several weeks.

I'm trying to figure out what the hell is inside all the boxes and all I can think of is one giant Costco Christmas wreath and about 300 Sesame Street and Dr. Suess books from my childhood. The rest of the boxes have obviously multiplied exponentially without my prior knowledge and now I'm afraid to open them and find out what's inside.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


We define walking distance as "how far the baby monitor will reach". Perfect for life on the cul-de-sac with many like-minded friends.
Posted by Blogger Mama T :  July 08, 2009
 

I am sure that it will all go well Karla. Good luck with the photo shoot and the impending move!
Look forward to seeing pictures of your new place when you are all settle in!
Love and big hugs Tab XXX
Posted by Blogger Tabitha :  July 08, 2009
 

So, so excited for you! Will you be sharing wedding pics and moving pics in August :)
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  July 10, 2009
 

I hope the move goes smoothly!
Thinking of you.
l,
Amanda x
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  July 12, 2009
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Tuesday, July 07, 2009




Recently
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Friday, June 19, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Friday, June 05, 2009
Thursday, June 04, 2009
Wednesday, June 03, 2009
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
Sunday, May 31, 2009