A Wonderful Place called Cyberspace
by Karla ° Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Where else can I get virtually instantaneous feedback to ease my overly paranoid brain and receive confirmation that I have birthed a run of the mill standard kidlet when it comes to his combustible bum rocket and spit up habits? Thank you for the advice, truly. I like the feeling or normalcy.

I also must thank two very special blog friends of mine for the wonderful gifts I recently received.

Cuppa has sent me an adorable figurine to represent my December baby along with the cutest little bibs. As a mom to a Christmas baby as well, Cuppa understands how special it is to have a birth at that time of year. Although we have never met, I have “known” Cuppa since December of 2004. In fact, I believe it was her husband, AC’s blog, that was the first blog I became fan of.

When Ava died, Cuppa connected with me and stood by my side sending encouraging emails and special surprises to my door step. Her support and compassion was pivotal to my healing and I do not know a single person on this planet that I have never met in real life that I hold so much adoration and respect for. The pedestal she stands on is mighty high. She is such an extraordinary and inspirational lady.

And speaking of extroardinary people - Heather has sent me these two wonderful gifts. Heather and I have had the fortunate opportunity to meet in real life and as someone who has also experienced the traumatic loss of a child; we shared an instant bond and connection. I considered Heather to be one of the most grounded humans ever, until she took flight and went sky diving, and then I thought she was the bravest human ever with a unique way of surrounding your entire being with kindness and warmth. She has just returned from a second trip to Africa on a mission to end hunger. If you haven’t read about her journey, you are missing out.

Marisa over at city mouse tees has so kindly sent my whole family gifts. The baby yoga set is quite the serious accoutrement of rapturous cuteness.

And of course, I couldn’t end this without sending my sincere thank you to the unending flow of emails I have received congratulating my family on Nate’s birth. Thank you for your kindness. I’m still working at responding to each and every one of them, so please don’t feel slighted if you haven’t received a response.

I don’t know what I did to deserve such an outpouring of tear-jerking kindness, but my heart is inflated and deeply touched. Truly, thank you.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Cuppa and Heather are indeed ladies that rock!
Posted by Blogger Gina :  January 24, 2007
 

Aw, thanks for the kind words! I like you too! Glad to hear you got the gift.
 

You don't know what you did? Why, you were just being yourself! And it's pretty obvious to us out here that you are a pretty amazing lady. I'll never forget the day I found your blog and connected with your life. I cried over you and your family's heartache and felt like I knew you and wished I could have been there to give you a hug. You are truly an inspiring lady and anyone would be especially lucky to know you in real life.
Posted by Blogger Jules :  January 24, 2007
 

Cyber heart-strings are very real aren't they? Thank you for your kind words dear friend, they warmed my heart on this cold winter afternoon. Hugs coming right back atcha!!!!
Posted by Blogger Cuppa :  January 24, 2007
 

Nice use of accoutrement!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  January 24, 2007
 

nice post!! :)
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  January 24, 2007
 

Hi Karla,
So sorry I haven't been in contact lately, I want to say ¡congratulations! and I hope that you are enjoying the joys of motherhood. I read your blog almost everyday, and you're writing is inspiring me to blog myself. I'm going to try and fit it in between 30 hours of work, 27 hours of classes, and about 18 hours of homework a week. Hopefully Mark is addapting to waking up during the night for "midnight snacks". Hope to hear from you soon! Hug and Kiss Nate for me. Porcoines de amor (lots of love)<3
 

You put a lot of beautiful vulnerability and honesty out in the world. I am not surprised that Hether and Cuppa reached out to you. You let them in and of course they held on. How sweet that you have given us all such cause for celebration and renewed faith in happy endings. Enjoy the mustardy breastfeeding poop, it beats what comes later!
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  January 24, 2007
 

I'm glad you guys are having such a great time with your gorgeous little boy! You know we all love you :-)
Posted by Blogger Arlene :  January 25, 2007
 

Karla I totally suck I have a gift for Nate but still have not sent it plus I need your address please email it to me and I will get it in the mail, I promise!
 

You are so very welcome Karla! It was my pleasure to send you those things. I hope that everyone enjoys them. As so many have said, your story touched my heart and I wanted to help celebrate your happiness. Wear it all in good health!!

Marisa
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Wednesday, January 24, 2007




Recently
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Friday, January 19, 2007
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Sunday, January 14, 2007
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Monday, January 08, 2007
Friday, January 05, 2007
Wednesday, January 03, 2007