BOP!
by Karla ° Thursday, August 2, 2007

Nate recently learned to make a new sound effect with his lips.

It kind of sounds like BOP!

It is the exact same noise that Mark makes when he shoves his biceps in my face and flexes.

Like, his limbs are so huge that any form of public display must be accompanied by noises to accentuate their exploding rippliness just in case I didn’t notice that his big giant man arms are all up in my kool-aid.

Anyhow, I have a very hard time making this noise. It requires quite a bit of concentration on my part and I’m not used to directing so much thought and energy into how my lips and jaws operate. I find it gives me a headache, which Mark knows all too well. And while I am burning all those brain cells focusing on my lips, I have to remember to wet them in there somewhere or else the BOP! noise is not possible.

I’m being totally serious here. To make this noise requires an effort of elephantine proportions.

I figure Mark learned to make this noise from all of the time he spends behind pursed lips biting his tongue from all of the time I spend insisting how right I am about everything in the whole entire universe. The BOP! sound is probably just a by-product of the tongue biting while trying to breathe through all of my hot air.

And then, the other day, Nate made the noise.

BOP!

Just like that.

And I thought it was a fluke, but then he did it again and again and again.

BOP! BOP! BOP!

Apparently, I have been outsmarted by my seven month old.

Labels: , ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Have ever considered it's a 'boy' thing? :)
Posted by Blogger Me :  August 02, 2007
 

Organ music from your boys...
You are more of a chamber musician.

(snort)
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  August 02, 2007
 

Both my boys can make that noise but still I cant. Yeah, might be a boy thing??
Posted by Blogger Heather :  August 02, 2007
 

I think we need a video.
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  August 02, 2007
 

TJ and Cole can do some kind of noise w/the back of their throat. I can't describe it, but TJ does it w/o even knowing it, and it drives Trey INSANE. I've tried and tried to do it, and I can't fathom how it works.

I agree w/Julia, I want a video.
Posted by Blogger Christi :  August 02, 2007
 

Chant with me, everyone-

"Vid-e-o, Vid-e-o!"
Posted by Blogger Gina :  August 02, 2007
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Thursday, August 02, 2007




Recently
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Monday, July 30, 2007
Friday, July 27, 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Monday, July 23, 2007
Friday, July 20, 2007
Thursday, July 19, 2007