Don't leave a message
by Karla ° Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Lo! We have success. The company with the big orange sign has come through for us. A contractor is here this very moment re-attaching my toilet to the big gaping hole in the floor of my bathroom.

Also, they will be fixing the ceiling in my living room, which is going to be quite the job because it is a popcorn ceiling and I fully expect the new speckle to match the old speckle, and of course, for them to re-paint the entire ceiling so the new drywall patch can live in blended harmony with the old drywall.

All in all, I am relieved with how cooperative they are being now that they have come out to our house to assess the damage.

I would like to breathe a sigh of relief, but yesterday my dog ate my portable phone and this is all that is left of it.



I have searched high and low for the rest of it, especially for the toxic parts, like the batteries, but there is nothing left to be found.

At this point, I am just waiting for his colon to start ringing.

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Poor Samson..and poor you. I am rolling on the floor about the ringing colon comment....pretty funny. I seriously hope the dog is OK...but your phone - well, I think its time for a new one :)
 

Please leave a message after the Arf.
 

That is great news about the toilet etc. Bummer about the pooch eating the phone. Dogs are so wierd sometimes.
Posted by Blogger Day :  March 27, 2007
 

Oh! I hope he didn't eat the battery!

Glad you are getting your stuff fixed.
Posted by Blogger Gina :  March 27, 2007
 

Oh no! Poor Samson! I hope he's going to be alright! I'm glad things are going well with that company and I hope Samson doesn't start ringing from any end!
Posted by Blogger ~*Courtney*~ :  March 27, 2007
 

I had a dog who once ate two "D" cell batteries without a problem.

It wasn't until she ate a flea collar that she had issues. (That's why I'll never use a flea collar again).

The question is not what to do whenyour dog rings, but rather, how does one "hang up"?

Glad to hear it's getting fixed, sorry to hear you're sticking with the popcorn, I never want another cieling like that.
Posted by Blogger methatiam :  March 27, 2007
 

I was just watching Pet Er the weird things animals eat, youmight want to go get him some xrays, he could get poisoned if the battery starts to break down. Watch for weirs symptoms. I hope he ends up being ok!

Good thing the company is taking responsibility!!
Posted by Blogger Donna :  March 27, 2007
 

I can totally relate to the dog thing. I have a dog who eats everything. To date, she has eaten my glasses, a hair dryer, shaving razors, coasters, and ten million pairs of flip-flops. AHHH!
Posted by Blogger Christy :  March 27, 2007
 

That dog's a real ding-a-ling.
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  March 27, 2007
 

I can't believe Samson ate the cell phone!! Glad someone's there to fix your toilet, sounds like it's been a real pain in the a**!! hehehe Okay now I'm stepping down from my own pillar of lame just like you a few posts back ;-)
Posted by Blogger Amber :  March 27, 2007
 

Happy they have come through for you. That's good news.
As for Samson, not so good. Is he known for doing this kind of thing or is this a first?
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  March 27, 2007
 

This tale reminds me of when Dooce's dog ate the corn dog stick and passed it, intact, a few weeks later. Who knows what the droppings will hold? Hope Samson feels OK after such a bizarre meal. :)
Posted by Anonymous Amanda :  March 27, 2007
 

It is amazing the damage that they can do!
Posted by Blogger Stephanie :  March 27, 2007
 

You know Tammy, this is a first for Samson. The most damage he has done so far is chew a throw cushion from our sofa. I hope this isn't going to become a "thing for him...being jealous with the baby and all.
Posted by Blogger karla :  March 27, 2007
 

Don't hold your breath on the big orange until ALL IS SAID AND DONE. LOL. But then again, maybe the Canadian version is more efficent than the American. ;)

Oh wait... they have a new CEO who is bending over for everyone right now to make amends for the previous a$$hole who got billions by default. They will do almost ANYTHING right now to win back customers. Perhaps you'll end up ok after all.

:)
Posted by Blogger aka_Meritt :  March 28, 2007
 

Oh my gosh...I can't believe that's ALL that's left! Eeps. Dogs are NUTS to eat things that are not edible! (My dogs have been guilty of doing this.)
Posted by Anonymous Keri :  March 29, 2007
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Tuesday, March 27, 2007




Recently
Monday, March 26, 2007
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Monday, March 19, 2007
Saturday, March 17, 2007
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Monday, March 12, 2007
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Saturday, March 10, 2007