Rationality, now bundled in a chill pill
by Karla ° Thursday, May 22, 2008
It never occurred to me that my last post about my cat scratching Nate’s face would stir up so many heated emotions. I had to delete several comments from fly-by animal loving hooligans who, clearly in need of a chill pill and a sense of humour, said some rather nasty things about me.

I don’t know about you, but cutting the cats legs off sounded perfectly rational to me.

Clearly, the past 17 years of my life not eating meat, fish or eggs has all been because I hate animals. In fact, I think I should blame all the grief in my life on the cows. That sounds about right. It’s so not fair that they get to spend their entire existence eating grass, farting and mooing all day. Deep down, I'm teeming with envy.

But deeper thoughts on this will have to wait because tomorrow Nate is supposed to go to my Mom’s house and spend the weekend there as a trial run before we go on vacation in a couple of weeks. He has never woken up to another face besides mine or Mark’s, and as luck would have it, we’re all snot-nosed bedraggled carriers of colds in this house. It's all Samson's fault.

Maybe tomorrow after a good night's rest I'll be able to think more clearly and stop blaming Samson for this cold. Last night for his punishment we spooned in a king-sized bed and tonight I plan to force him to spend the night lying perfectly still as my doggy pillow.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


You're right; some people wouldn't get a joke even if they were at Yuk Yuks.
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  May 22, 2008
 

As anvilcloud said, some people wouldn,t get a joke if it jumped up and bit them on the bum!
Send my love to you and hope Nate's sleepover goes well.

Amanda x
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  May 23, 2008
 

OMG Karla ~ some people need to be shot.

I thought cutting the legs off of the cat was more than reasonable myself :P

Glad I didn't post what I would have done pmsl.

xxxx
Posted by Blogger Vanessa x :  May 23, 2008
 

I agree with all the above!!!
Hope that the trial run for nate goes well, I am sure he will be just fine.
Have you got anything planned for your child free weekend??
Hugs ~ Tabitha XXXX
Posted by Blogger Tabitha :  May 23, 2008
 

Nate will be just fine. I'm so happy to hear you're doing this, 'cause it will open up all sorts of FREEDOM doors for you and Mark.

Kudos for actually leaving the country sans child -- as comfortable as we are with overnights etc., I'm actually not ready to do that quite yet. Maybe you can stuff me in a suitcase and force vacation me in Vegas...
Posted by Blogger Carly Foster :  May 23, 2008
 

Oh yeah, well I HATE CANADA!

(disclaimer-This is sort of an inside joke, and I would never say that and mean it! Karla will get it, though!)
Posted by Blogger Christi :  May 23, 2008
 

You've got to be kidding me!
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  May 23, 2008
 

Hey there... Check your spam filter; I finally emailed you the retouched photo from your brother's wedding. Have a great weekend! :) -Angie
 

Very nicely said Karla!

Good luck with the sleepover and the vacation - for sure harder on the parents than the kids the reason I have yet to do it)

Wendy
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  May 24, 2008
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Thursday, May 22, 2008




Recently
Friday, May 16, 2008
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Friday, May 09, 2008
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Friday, April 11, 2008