Acorn
by Karla ° Tuesday, August 15, 2006
All of my appointments went swimmingly swell yesterday and despite having to endure that god-awful vagina cam at the end of it to verify the degree of which my placenta is covering my cervix, all is “normal”.

The fetal echo revealed all is “normal” as well.

I have put on 11 pounds and my uterus has pushed my intestines and stomach into obscene locations. I can hear stomach gurgles about 2 inches from my left nipple and my heart is caught somewhere in my throat as I savor the good news of “normal” results, yet proceed with reserved happiness and caution. Part of me wants to feel slaphappy and giddy, but I just can’t fully bring those emotions out in the open yet - not until I’m holding my baby boy snug and tight in my arms.

A baby boy! I am going to be a mother to a little baby boy. I can’t even begin to describe the joy that brings me.

Mark is beaming from ear to ear knowing a pint-sized testosterone fueled version of himself will be taking up residency on this planet. I must remember to never tell him that his son’s “huge and manly rod of power” reminded me of an acorn.

Mark’s brother and sister-in-law are also expecting a baby boy in September. I can already feel the sibling rivalry between them heat up as they exchange gushy machoisms and heroic tales of their son’s hulking baby penises.

19 week ultrasound


12 week ultrasound

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


A little boy! What great news :-) I am so happy for you both.
 

Congrats congrats congrats! I'm so incredibly happy for you both! :)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 15, 2006
 

Tall oaks from little acorns grow.
;0)
Posted by Blogger methatiam :  August 15, 2006
 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  August 15, 2006
 

Cogratulations!! I am so happy for you.
Posted by Blogger Alyssa :  August 15, 2006
 

congrats!!! boys are great fun!!
Posted by Blogger gina :  August 15, 2006
 

Ha ha! I knew it! I was right! Congratulations! You should name him Braxton Cole Cadeau, then he can have the same name as my little boy on the way! Hooray! I'm so happy for you. Trey is even a little excited over here at the news. Men do like their boys...
Posted by Blogger Christi :  August 15, 2006
 

Congrats!! Boys are great! They love their mommies so very much. My boy is much more lovey than my girl!! I Love them both, but I like the attention=)

PS I hope you let yourself be just a little giddy! Just for a little bit.

PSS Let me warn you, little boys love their acorns from the moment they come out...it begins as soon as their hand accidentally brushes against it. *LOL* I remember being horrified at the sight of his little acorn at attention at the wee age of a few weeks old.

One more thing, a little trivia, little boys begin to have erections even in the womb!!
Posted by Blogger Donna :  August 15, 2006
 

I am so happy for the both of you!

Little boys are so frickin' cute, I can hardly stand it sometimes.

My son is one of the best things that ever happened to me.
Posted by Blogger Gina :  August 15, 2006
 

A boy? Really?

Who woulda thunk it? ::snickering::

:)
Congrats to you and Mark.
Posted by Blogger Dora :  August 16, 2006
 

And, already one can see that he is adorable!!!

Congrats on the wee little man!
Posted by Blogger Judy :  August 16, 2006
 

awwwww hehe yay for u
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  August 16, 2006
 

He looks content in the ultrasound. Maybe he won't leave the womb..
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 16, 2006
 

yea that is so exciting! I was looking forward to this post! I am glad all went well and you found out what you are having!

Yea for baby boys!
 

Ah! It's a Baby Dude! Cool! Glad to hear all is going well. :)
Posted by Blogger Me :  August 16, 2006
 

Big Cyber hug coming your way (((HUGS)))
Posted by Blogger Kathy Trejo :  August 16, 2006
 

What exciting news!!! So happy for you...yay, a BOY!!!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 17, 2006
 

Oh I am so happy for you. Little boys are so much fun.
Big hugs to you both.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  August 17, 2006
 

Goodness, me. A baby BOY!

How wonderful!

Thinking of you guys.

By the way, you look fabulous!
Posted by Blogger Mandi :  August 17, 2006
 

Awww a little boy...I guess Markette is out of the questions now! lol

I am so happy all your tests are turning out normal and that you are able to relax even if it's only a little.

Congrats again.

Trish
Posted by Blogger Patyrish :  August 21, 2006
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Tuesday, August 15, 2006




Recently
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Friday, August 11, 2006
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Friday, August 04, 2006
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Monday, July 24, 2006
Thursday, July 13, 2006
Monday, July 10, 2006
Sunday, July 02, 2006