Bread
by Karla ° Thursday, July 13, 2006
I was in maternity clothes by this point in my first pregnancy. I remember feeling like such a schmuck too, because it’s not like I had a ginormous belly (yet), but walking around with the buttons on all my pants open was starting to feel a little smutty for the realms of corporate dress code.

This time around it’s a bit different. Besides the fact that my old maternity clothes are all the wrong season, I’m not working. That basically translates into a very frugal Karla where style and cutesy-chic options have gone out the window with my salary.

When I finally lost all the baby weight from Ava, I celebrated by buying a ridiculously expensive ass-fabulous pair of jeans that made me feel like Shera, Princess of Power with the added bonus of making my inner thigh fat disappear. Those jeans have essentially been my only clothing purchase because the thought of spending money on new clothes when all I wanted was to be pregnant again seemed pointless.

While out for dinner with Mark the other night, I went to town on a loaf of bread. I’ve always been a lover of carbs, but pregnancy increases that love ten-fold and my inability to restrain from eating volumes and volumes of crackers has become a bit ridiculous. I think Mark finds my new appetite amusing, and wanting to sustain constant nourishment for his unborn child, kept slicing and insisting I eat more bread. Being ever so lady like before scarfing down every slice, I would insist I was full while he persisted I was not. The last slice did it though. While reaching over to grab a chunk of carbalicious goodness, a button popped off my pants.

It’s funny how times have changed. The last time we were at that restaurant we were severely inebriated and I rode Mark piggy back style on the way home while cars full of late-night drunken kids screeched by yelling, “ride ‘em cowboy”. That’s a far cry from waddling down the street with your pants half open, not from drunken-under-the-table-restaurant-hanky-panky, but from a stomach full of milk, bread and baby.

Apparently, I am going to need some clothing. And apparently, they need to be cheap.

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


I am sure you can find some mix and match items and since you dont have to dress up anymore that wont be too bad!

That is too funny about eating the whole loaf, enjoy yourself!
 

Ha! funny times, put 'em in your memory book.
Bellies grow with babies....I remember when my belly was bigger than I thought and I knocked down the whole display of red apples in the grocery store. Wasn't funny then but I can laugh about it now.
have you thought of eBay for clothes? YOu can get nice stuff for not a lot of $.
Posted by Blogger Dora :  July 13, 2006
 

They probably don't have Old Navy where you are at, but they have really cute, cheap materinity clothes. Heck, go online and look and I will send some to you myself!

Also Kohl's can be pretty reasonable, but doubtful you have one up there either.

Maybe Heather might know, she's really good about this type of stuff, plus she's actually IN Canada!

I heart carbs too, and I'm not pregnant.
Posted by Blogger Gina :  July 13, 2006
 

That's funny. You need to think elastic waistband!
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  July 13, 2006
 

LOL. You could just wear a poncho and duct tape your pants..
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 13, 2006
 

During TJ's pregnancy, I found Sears to be rather reasonable as far as prego clothes went. Also, like Mel said, Old Navy, and Gap, have really good sales, and their clothes are way kewl. I bought all mine from Gap online, and most from Old Navy online, too.
Posted by Blogger Christi :  July 13, 2006
 

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Best wishes! :)
Posted by Blogger Meadow :  July 13, 2006
 

Hey, you can eat all the bread you want, just keep yelling “food pyramid” and you can rationalize – I mean - justify any amount of carbs and make it sound healthy! ;0)
Posted by Blogger methatiam :  July 14, 2006
 

ahahahaha too funny
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  July 16, 2006
 

If you can believe this walmart has a really cute maternity section. You can also get a deal on ebay especially since you have a tiny cute preggo figure.

AS for the bread at least you arent craving something funky like pickles and ice cream ya know?

I am so happy for you Karla. Keep smiling and eating that bread....baby apparently loves those carbs too mamma!

Trish
www.caringbridge.com/fl/makilyangel
Posted by Blogger Patyrish :  July 17, 2006
 

my friend got almost all her stuff at valu village, some of it good stuff too and way cheaper......
Posted by Blogger dawnatello :  July 21, 2006
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Thursday, July 13, 2006




Recently
Monday, July 10, 2006
Sunday, July 02, 2006
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Monday, June 19, 2006
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Monday, June 12, 2006
Friday, June 02, 2006
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Monday, May 29, 2006
Thursday, April 27, 2006