Dilated!
by Karla ° Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Instead of schlepping the giant rotundness that is my belly downtown Toronto for the Non Stress Test today, my OB set me up to take a short trip down the road to my local hospital.

Nate performed beautifully, and being the unabashed little baby that he is, caused many giggles amongst the female nursing staff as he wiggled and squirmed and shimmied his knees, feet and baby bottom up and down and back and forth along the walls of my stomach. That’s one of the strangest things about my belly, even with a full term pregnancy weight gain of 28 lbs, you can clearly distinguish what body parts are what when this kid starts to squirm. Fascinating, perhaps, but also freakishly similar to the scene from that movie where an alien bursts out of Sigourney Weaver’s stomach, no?

When the on call OB came to check me out, she asked if I have experienced any contractions. I told her that for the past few days I have been getting some annoying “twinges” around my cervix, but that they felt very similar to the false labour or “uterine irritability” sensations I experienced when we had the
false labour scare at 32 weeks.

Concerned, she insisted on an internal exam to see what was going on. Of course, as luck would have it for the girl trying to avoid labour at all costs, I am dilated a few centimeters. Exactly how much however, she doesn’t know because she didn’t want to push my luck and poke around too much in case prodding around up there triggers full blown labour.

So, here I am, partially dilated with only two days before my scheduled c-section.

Nature versus the Scalpel.


Let’s see who wins the race to get this babe born alive first.

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Delurking to say how happy I am for you. I can't wait to see pictures of Nate. Good Luck with the c-section and we will all be waiting for the update after your birth.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  December 20, 2006
 

OK, now let's see if Blogger will let me comment this time!

I was dilated a bit when we scheduled our C-section, and my body was able to wait out the couple of days.

I will so totally be waiting for updates!
Posted by Blogger Gina :  December 20, 2006
 

Well I'm sitting here with a grin on my face for you!!! :)

I vote for nature. And I'm also smiling at you being suprised you can see the outline of the baby because you've gained 28 lbs. OMG. Most women gain 28 lbs. by the 7th month. LOL.

You are sooooo going to be in a bikini within weeks. ;)
Posted by Blogger Me :  December 20, 2006
 

How exciting! I will be checking back often now that I know something is happening and baby boy Nate could come earlier then expected!!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  December 20, 2006
 

Can't they just move your date up and do it now? Either way, I know you guys will be fine :-)
Posted by Blogger Arlene :  December 20, 2006
 

after nearly 9 months of waiting i am sure these 2 days will be the longest! all the best either way the baby comes....

good luck!
 

I've got all my fingers crossed that Nate waits for two more days, if only for your peace of mind. I'm praying those two days go quickly for you, and I'm looking forward to a joyous update.
Posted by Blogger Robyn :  December 20, 2006
 

Hoping all goes well and that you are able to get your c-section on friday!
 

I am cheering for you!

I had baby #2 on Dec. 22nd. It's a great day to have a baby. Here's sending you and hubby best wishes, hugs, and a million good thoughts.

xo

Ann
Posted by Blogger Ann D :  December 20, 2006
 

All the best, Karla! Can't wait to see pictures of Nate :)
Posted by Blogger Kate :  December 20, 2006
 

So are you saying that Nate is trying to make a run for it so he doesn't have to be born by c- section..
Go Nate..
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  December 20, 2006
 

So excited for you. Anxiously awaiting the news of Nate's safe arrival. Can hardly wait to see lots and lots and lots of pics posted for us all to enjoy.
Posted by Blogger Cuppa :  December 20, 2006
 

Delurking here to offer congrats and sending internet hugs!
Posted by Blogger Connie :  December 20, 2006
 

Karla

Only 2 more days wooooohooo I'll be thinking of yah on friday forsure :D:D
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  December 20, 2006
 

I can't wait!!!!! Friday is going to come so quickly. I'll be thinking about you both... or three, rather!
Posted by Blogger Melanie :  December 20, 2006
 

Delurking to send best wishes whichever way little Nate decides to enter the world. Can't wait to see the pics!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  December 21, 2006
 

Also delurking. I'll be thinking of you on Friday and wish for the best for you, your husband and baby Nate. My prayers are with you all.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  December 21, 2006
 

Tomorrow, tomorrow......All the best!

can't wait to see pics and hear your story!!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  December 21, 2006
 

Just one more day!

Hang in there, Karla.

It won't be long now.

Many prayers for the three of you.
Posted by Blogger Judy :  December 21, 2006
 

It soooo hard to plan anything with small children, they just don’t have the patience to wait for it…..
KEEP US IN TOUCH – please!
Posted by Blogger methatiam :  December 21, 2006
 

It's all coming together. Nate's ready, you're ready and I am certain that all will go smoothly. You are in my prayers.
Posted by Blogger Linda :  December 21, 2006
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Wednesday, December 20, 2006




Recently
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Monday, December 18, 2006
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Friday, December 15, 2006
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Sunday, December 10, 2006
Friday, December 08, 2006
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Sunday, December 03, 2006