Big Bad Belly Shots - 21 Weeks
by Karla ° Sunday, August 27, 2006
With 147 days of pregnanthood behind me and 117 more days until delivery, this pregnancy if flying by so fast, yet so slow all the same time.


I feel like a bloated blowfish that just devoured an entire school of floundering fish followed by a picnic of swallowing a whole pumpkin. The squirminess in my tummy consists of kicking, jabbing, rolling and show-offy little boy summersaults. I swear I felt this uterine trampoline hopping cadet’s bladder crushing nose dives at 12 weeks, but most sources indicate that is impossible. In any case, at least Mark’s carefully placed hands have also been enjoying little bubs calisthenical vigor for the past three weeks.

My gestating capsule is growing and expanding so much faster than I imagined it could. I already look larger than I did at 26 weeks with my first pregnancy, yet my weight gain is exactly the same. At this rate, those stomach stretch marks I so blissfully avoided the first time around are sure to make an appearance soon.

To compare, the picture of me on the left is five weeks away from 26 weeks, which is how far along I was in the photo on the right when pregnant with Ava.

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Oh my, but you do look beautiful.
Love ya
Mom
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 27, 2006
 

The body remembers and is happy to stretch and accomodate "earlier" than before.
Your uterus and abdominal muscles (and the rest of your body for that matter) are all too ready to relax and grow bigger.
have you noticed the difference in the shape of your belly this time? :)
Posted by Blogger Dora :  August 27, 2006
 

You look incredible! Wow time is really flying by!
 

Hmmm... I do love the site of a pregnant belly. Beautiful!
 

It's so exciting!

Yeah, what wash lady said. My belly rounded out sooner with Alison too.
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  August 28, 2006
 

You are so cute!! That belly is adorable!

I was more round with my 2nd I actually gained less with my second but I think my belly was bigger! I actuallyt hought he would be huge, but he was smaller than the first!
Posted by Blogger Donna :  August 28, 2006
 

You certainly do NOT look like a blowfish...you look great...a perfect little round belly...beautiful! You know, I wasn't as lucky with avoiding the stretch marks, and and the rate I am going this time around those little "rivers of love" will turn into one huge grand canyon on my stomach. Not pretty!!! :):):)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 28, 2006
 

You do look bigger in the picture. And more fashionable too..
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 28, 2006
 

You are one HOT prego! You do get bigger faster, as they have all said already, after the first. It could be b/c he's a he, and girls and boys tend to sit differently in you (or so myth says, and has been true for me).

How on earth are you wearing a sweater and pants right now? Is it seriously cool enough that you are not melting? If so, I need to hop in the car and head on up there. Here, even a bathing suit isn't small enough to make it any cooler!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  August 29, 2006
 

Hooray for summersaults and your adorable bump!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  September 02, 2006
 

You are beautiful!
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  September 07, 2006
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Sunday, August 27, 2006




Recently
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Monday, August 21, 2006
Friday, August 18, 2006
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Friday, August 11, 2006
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Friday, August 04, 2006
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Wednesday, July 26, 2006