Swollen and Purple
by Karla ° Friday, September 29, 2006
This week, the spheroid extending outwards from my body has finally started taking its toll. I’m really starting to feel big, and swollen and blunderous.

When I sit, my stomach competes with my boobs in a competition of who gets to go where, and in what direction, and I am the big looser in it all because they really have no where to go but mash together in a crushingly uncomfortable encounter of protruding swollenness.

And oh my pulsating veins. My wrists are crawling with purple and blue veins so close to the surface that I look like I’ve been prepping for a needle poking triathlon. The skin above my boobs looks like a rocky mountain roadmap since my veins shifted into in blood pumping overdrive. They are even bulging all over the location on my body where a distant memory of a waist used to be.

As I fast approach my third trimester, Monday marks the beginning of a Biophysical Profile ultrasound regime to continue to monitor baby’s well being and heart rhythms.

This ultrasound will also reveal if the placenta that’s been completely covering my cervix has migrated northwards in my uterus. I am a throbbing pulsing swollen balloon of purpleness and if I can’t ever have sex again I might just explode.


Samson and Mom

Apparently, Samson finds the whole no sex thing absolutely hilarious. Surely he must be thinking payback is a bitch considering he can only dream of copulatory sex after his hulking nutsacks were chopped off at the doggy testicle chop chop.

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


I think I remember them saying that your blood volume triples or something like that when you are pregnant. Fun times!

I hope that placenta has moved it's butt to where it needs to be!
Posted by Blogger Gina :  September 29, 2006
 

You look cute, though! :) Sorry you're uncomfortable!
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  September 29, 2006
 

You look beautiful Karla!

I remember those days of uncomfortableness. I considered it really bad when I had to Jeff to put my socks on in the morning.

Ahh... the days of pregnancy! Only a few short weeks to go...
Posted by Blogger Melanie :  September 29, 2006
 

Too funny. You do have a way with words!

But you hardly look "swollen and blunderous" to me!
 

Some of those pregnant days were difficult.. but I wouldn't trade them for the world!

Time to go home and see my beautiful Emilee! Good afternoon! :)

~Tiffany
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  September 29, 2006
 

You look great. I sure hope that I look that good just before my third trimester. You hardly look like a throbbing pulsing swollen balloon of purpleness. You look beautiful.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  September 29, 2006
 

I'm sorry, are you pregnant?
Posted by Blogger Christi :  September 29, 2006
 

Love the new look to your blog, and you look wonderful.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  September 29, 2006
 

Well, you might not feel your best, but you look wonderful! I had to laugh at myself today as I found myself waddling along the aisle of a store clenching my upper right butt cheek. And I am only 5 and a half months prego, LOL! I certainly DO NOT remember feeling this sore the last time I was pregnant. Maybe it's because I am chasing after a toddler all day, who knows;)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  September 29, 2006
 

You look tall and skinny to me..Oh, wait I was looking at the lamp.
You look huge and veiny.Kidding, ha,ha..
And don't worry about the no sex thing.Once you have the baby you will be too tired to care..
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  September 30, 2006
 

I think Samson's just glad the whole family is celibate. You have more time to pet him now.

P.S. I think you look gorgeous!
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  September 30, 2006
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Friday, September 29, 2006




Recently
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Monday, September 25, 2006
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Friday, September 15, 2006
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Thursday, August 31, 2006
Sunday, August 27, 2006