Donuts and Pretzels
by Karla ° Monday, March 19, 2007
Our travels last weekend with Samson was a smashing success.

For the most part.

Mark did not have to deal with dog bum in his face because – did you know they make seatbelts for dogs!? For dogs? Like for real. That’s almost as crazy as dressing your dog in people clothes, and finding out they fit him.

And since I’m all about the crazy, we bought a doggy belt and strapped Samson into the backseat beside Nate.

As you can see, a lot of good THAT did because Samson still managed to contort his body into a doggy pretzel and snuggle up as close as possible to the nearest human.

But, he was a good boy and only caused a near catastrophe once, and that was when we pulled up to the drive thru to order coffee, which as far as Samson is concerned means donut time for the dog because yes, he is a spoiled boy and we buy him donuts and he isn’t afraid to climb over, across and on top of you to get to them.

And today I feel perfectly validated in feeding my dog his treats of choice because lovers of pets, this is a pet food recall that you need to know about.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Aww that is the cutest picture ever!!!
A Doggie Seatbelt... who wouldda thunk it? I have a cat, whom only leaves our house for vet appointments (which is hardly ever.. yes I am a suckie pet owner) I never would have imagined there to be a seatbelt for a pet. Good idea!
Posted by Blogger Melanie :  March 19, 2007
 

Karla, I'm glad the seating situation for the trip worked out, and hey-it looks like Nate had his own personal super slobbery guardian back there, he even seems to be content with Samson back there!!

Aren't those harnesses for dogs WONDERFUL? I had one for Mable when I drove my Jeep Wrangler because with the top off, anything she could see at a stoplight was worth the risk of serious bodily injury, just to investigate, whether we were moving or not. Glad the trip was a success!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  March 19, 2007
 

I am always lurking around your blog. Very funny.

Anyways, I have a surprise for you. Come over to my blog and check it out!
Posted by Blogger Christy :  March 19, 2007
 

Glad the trip was good! I sure thought about you when I learned of the Dog food recall!
Southern Belle
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  March 19, 2007
 

Karla, I'm so glad that you had a good trip.

Seatbelts for dog, you say? Wow! I should tell my brother and his wife. They have a 16 month old daughter, a baby due in July, and their dog is part Husky, Collie, and Saint Bernard! It makes travel very interesting for them!

Adorable pic, btw!

Cate
Posted by Blogger Cate :  March 19, 2007
 

Ever since a guy at BK gave us some bacon for Petey in the drive thru Petey will hurl himself to the car window to get close to anything that resembles drive thru. Fun Times!
Posted by Blogger Beth :  March 19, 2007
 

Aren't those wonderful seatbelts? They're not easy to find out here, but well worth the search.

I think you have a built-in baby sitter there.
Posted by Blogger methatiam :  March 20, 2007
 

Not only that, but they make little car seats for little dogs too. My parents actually got me one for my little weiner dog. It is amazing the things they have come up with for pets.
Posted by Blogger Stephanie :  March 20, 2007
 

I am so so so glad that your trip was a success. Did I mention so at all!
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Monday, March 19, 2007




Recently
Saturday, March 17, 2007
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Monday, March 12, 2007
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Friday, March 09, 2007
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Monday, March 05, 2007