An affair with Autumn
by Karla ° Friday, October 17, 2008
I went for a solo hike through the conservation area up the road this morning. And while the tip of my nose turned salmon pink and nature painted a sun-kissed glow over my cheeks with a brush dipped in the vibrant freshness of crisp Autumn air, I think, for the first time in a very long time, I felt myself breathing deeply and breathing with purpose.

Autumn has officially arrived this year on the seasonal fashion runway and initial reports seem to indicate she's wearing her most vibrant copper-hued harvest dress yet.

And while girlfriend struts her stuff, she’s so kicking the warmth of Summer’s sunny yellow ass to the curb and leaving him to hibernate in the dust of her befrosted fallen leaves.

As much as I want to cling to Summer, Autumn sure does smell nice. So nice, in fact, that I spent the morning inhaling her sweet scent and frolicking in her leaves.

When Mark gets home from work, I’m so going to have to explain all of the remnant red and orange bits on my collar.



Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Those are gorgeous photos Karla ~ and the clouds in them are just amazing too.
Autumn is well and truly under way here in the UK too.
XXX
Posted by Blogger Tabitha :  October 17, 2008
 

They're awesome!! I love the leaves/sky one in the middle! Hey, remember that time you posted the picture of the tulips and there were seven of them and they were pink and beautiful and I thought that was cool??

Well, that lone leaf in the distance in that middle pic reminded me instantly of your other balloon pictures... and of the time when I let that balloon go for Ava.

Take it as you will, and obviously they're your messages to decipher, but.. I think she's around...
Posted by Blogger Alison :  October 17, 2008
 

your pictures are gorgeous! I can almost smell them! what kind of filter are you using?
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  October 17, 2008
 

Delicious photos! Love the leaves.. mmmm.. You have a real gift. I saw your new photog website - it's great! I wish you unending success on your new journey. If I lived closer, I'd hire you in a second. :-)

Hugs!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  October 17, 2008
 

Winter is just around the corner!
Beautiful pictures Karla :)
l,
Amanda x
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  October 18, 2008
 

I do remember you saying that about the tulips Alison. I think you're right. Ava's around in her own special way.

Anonymous, I actually don't use a filter on my camera, but I do use photoshop actions. I love actions!
Posted by Blogger karla :  October 18, 2008
 

These pictures are AMAZING. I'm a avid reader but this is my first comment on your site. Just wanted to say you take some fantastic photos ;)
 

Karla: What actions did you use. I love these photos.
 

There is no place like Ontario in autumn. I miss those beautiful leaves, thanks for capturing them so well.
Posted by Blogger Dawn :  October 20, 2008
 

Nice pics. (Oops typo, had an 's" where the 'c' is now.)
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  October 22, 2008
 

Love the pictures!

Connie
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  October 23, 2008
 

WoW so beautiful I am so Jelous. It is rediculously HOT here In california. I wish it was really kool like it looks there. Your pictures are awesome!!
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Friday, October 17, 2008




Recently
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Monday, October 06, 2008
Saturday, October 04, 2008
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008