My Superman
by Karla ° Saturday, October 31, 2009
This year, Nate was dressed up as Superman for Halloween. It wasn’t a strategic choice or anything, it was totally the only costume that fit at the consignment shop because that is just how I role. Yes, I accept hand-me-downs and shop second hand for children’s clothes because I just can’t justify spending $30 on name brand toddler jeans that he will outgrow in a week. Or, I guess in Nate’s case a year, because dear lord my almost three year old still fits in 18 month sizes.

So, yeah, his costume cost all of $6.00 and when I brought it home the smile on his face alone was worth every penny (and more.)

And irony of all ironies, Nate is absolutely my little superman in every possible way.





Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


the best part is, it does not look like a typical cheap bagged overpriced costume. It looks like something he can play in long after halloween. My boy was Batman. YAY superhero boys!
Posted by Anonymous Shannon :  October 31, 2009
 

What a sweet little man. Just adorable!
 

I can't look at his costume b/c I can't see past that perfect smile!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  November 01, 2009
 

I can't look at his costume b/c I can't see past that perfect smile!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  November 01, 2009
 

Karla, you have one incredibly adorable superman on your hands.

Looks like he can easily fly away with your heart =)
 

He's just the perfect superhero Karla!!!
Posted by Blogger Amanda :  November 06, 2009
 

So adorable!

I get the wearing the jeans for a year thing....LOL! My 3.5 year old just now had to start wearing 2T (thank goodness I had some with an adjustable waist!!). He was in 18 months at the end of spring and I thought he would still be in them when fall rolled around. He had a major growth spurt (and weighs a whopping 25 pounds!!) and 18 months jeans are high waters (but still fit in the waist). I have a 7 year old boy, too, so I save his clothes to pass down, but I still buy used!
Posted by Blogger Candi :  November 07, 2009
 

i love these pics
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  November 09, 2009
 

So sweet!! he looks just like you. (((bigHug))) to you Karla.
 

Its me kathy from old deleted "Bamboo shade" blog. i don't know if you remember me...i always read your blog...i still peek in to see how you are doing. I love how you express yourself (I'm so shy)..and your humour cracks me up. Hows your husband doing? tell him i said hi. I remember he had a blog once..you two are fun.

lots of love,
Kathy
 

Sweet! Sweet! Sweet!
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Saturday, October 31, 2009




Recently
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Saturday, October 03, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Tuesday, September 08, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Friday, August 14, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
Friday, August 07, 2009