So what's different?
by Karla ° Sunday, May 22, 2005
Upon arriving home from work Friday night, Mark was quick to comment about how fantastic I looked. He complimented me many times and asked what was different.

Realizing the sad truth, this is what was different:

I showered
I combed my hair
I blow dried and styled my hair
I put on nice clothes (not just comfy pants and baggy sweaters)
I put on a necklace
I put on earrings
I put on makeup (venturing as far as applying mascara. Way too risky to use if tears threaten to turn you into a racoon face).

Since Ava passed away, I don’t remember the last time I actually did my hair and put on makeup. Perhaps the Karla that everyone knew five weeks ago is starting to come around again. Who knows, I might actually go the whole nine yards and even add a spritz of perfume today.

Labels: , ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


I bet you look fabulous.

Have a great weekend.
 

I'm so glad you're feeling better! (Eh hem, now you can find the energy to write me back!) What's a little sad is that I have no excuse for how I look everyday! I don't remember the last time I wore makeup, and I can only play off the pregnancy thing for 8 months of that! I have started drying my hair, though, but that's mainly b/c I'm too lazy to go get a haircut! I will say that I at least shower...well, most days! It's cool, too, that Mark noticed. What would be sad is if he was oblivious!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  May 22, 2005
 

PS-Trey saw your pic the other day, and he wanted to know what your background is. He kept asking me if you are Canadian, or what. I told him I don't know, and that all I know is your last name and your maiden name. I feel like you may have told me before, but who knows! I can't remember two hours ago, so...
Posted by Blogger Christi :  May 22, 2005
 

I’m pretty sure I’m not the mailman’s daughter (like my mom sometimes jokes about), so that would make me Caucasian.

Tell Trey that in my picture, I’m wearing an American costume I picked up at Walgreens. We silly Canadians want to look just like you Americans!

No seriously, let me guess…he thinks I look Asian right?
Posted by Blogger karla :  May 23, 2005
 

I think so. He said something about your round face. I can't remember exactly. It prob. doesn't help that in your pic you're squinting your eyes or something!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  May 23, 2005
 

So, did you have fun w/your bro?
Posted by Blogger Christi :  May 23, 2005
 

I think you are beautiful no matter what, washed or unwashed hair, make up or no makeup.Most importantly you are beautiful from to insideout.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  May 24, 2005
 

Karla,
This is a good sign. Negotiating this grieving is a difficult thing at best. Some days are forward, some are backward. Some are still.
It probably helps you to feel a little better when you look better.
I'm most thankful that Mark noticed :)
Posted by Blogger Dora :  May 24, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Sunday, May 22, 2005




Recently
Thursday, May 19, 2005
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
Monday, May 16, 2005
Saturday, May 14, 2005
Friday, May 13, 2005
Thursday, May 12, 2005
Wednesday, May 11, 2005
Sunday, May 01, 2005