Big Bad Belly Shots – 26 Weeks
by Karla ° Sunday, October 1, 2006
Considering how much more immobile I am with this pregnancy, and how I am just as ravishingly hungry and gluttonous, I’m a bit surprised that I have only gained 18 lbs. That is the exact same amount of weight that I had gained by this point in my pregnancy with Ava - a time when I had a busy career, commuted, and bustled my butt out of the house more.

Last night I was whining and complaining to my husband how my legs feel like swollen lumps of bread dough that have spent the past 6 ½ months becoming calcified and petrified into inflated tree trunks while being subjected to the continuous pressures of pregnancy.

Ever so delicately, he tiptoed around the subject of bulginess and bloatedness and reminded me that I still look cute and tiny – you know – considering I’ve gained 20lbs.

Without divulging the gruesome details, lets just say he learned that the art of rounding numbers does not apply to pregnancy weight gain – unless one fibs and rounds down – because no matter how much the pregnant population loves gestating the tiny life form in their stomach for 40 weeks and watching their tummies grow as a result, becoming a gassy and distended mass of orbicular heftiness is no cake walk. Especially considering no walkways lined with cake could ever exist in the first place with the uncontrollable hunger and ravenous appetite that comes with the pregnancy parcel.


In case you've always wondered - I am completely aware how ghastly unmatched the colour of my walls are to the carpet. We had great intentions to put in hardwood floors, but a bathroom renovation project was more expensive than we thought, and now I am stuck with this pink tinged shag of a carpet.

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Men never realize the rules of weight gain. To have gained a mere 18 pounds this far along is quite the feat if you ask me. :) You glow.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  October 01, 2006
 

You look so adorable, and I'm so happy for you!!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  October 01, 2006
 

Yes, I think you look adorable as well!

And I don't think the carpet is hideous at all.
Posted by Blogger Gina :  October 01, 2006
 

karla

u looks great!!! :) the carpet looks fine lol I would tell yah if it looked bad lol hence I work @ home depot
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  October 01, 2006
 

You look beautiful in those photos!! I really like your blazer!
Posted by Blogger Ashley :  October 01, 2006
 

You look awesome Karla!!

Tara, my friend whom I think is the same week as you in her pregnancy, is carrying so differently when I compare your bellies. She is carrying low and you seem to be carrying higher (than her anyways). Its amazing how every pregnancy is so very different, and how our bodies adapt differently as well!
Posted by Blogger Melanie :  October 01, 2006
 

looking good .. if you don't mind me saying so.
Posted by Blogger methatiam :  October 01, 2006
 

You look great Karla!

In the pictures the carpet and the walls look great!
 

I never noticed the carpet until you mentioned it. It looks fine. No worries sista!

You're still a teenie tiny thing belly and all.
Posted by Blogger Finelly :  October 02, 2006
 

Karla, you look absolutely beautiful! I know how difficult it is to walk around at 6 1/2 months and feel that you are beautiful -- but I promise, you are. :)

You are such a cute pregnant woman.. and much more stylish than I ever was! :)

~Tiffany
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  October 02, 2006
 

You are definitly one of the cutest pregnant women I have ever seen. That weight will just fall right off as soon as you have that sweet baby!
Posted by Blogger Patyrish :  October 02, 2006
 

You look beautiful!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  October 02, 2006
 

The ca rpet looks good w/the walls in the pic. I don't even see the pinkish you speak of...

Ha ha! When you said 20 lbs., I immediately thought, "Whoa! She said 18! Since when did we start rounding up!?" Poor Mark, and, well, men in general...they just don't get it!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  October 03, 2006
 

GOH-jus!
;-)
Posted by Blogger Jen & Co. :  October 03, 2006
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Sunday, October 01, 2006




Recently
Friday, September 29, 2006
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Monday, September 25, 2006
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Friday, September 15, 2006
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Thursday, August 31, 2006