Refrigerator Rhapsody
by Karla ° Tuesday, May 31, 2005


I need some comic relief in my life right now. These past few days have been intense! Let me tell you about my weekend refrigerator extravaganza.

Two weeks ago, while my
Bro was visiting, our dinner went to the crapper because my stupid fridge froze everything. (Ok. Only my dinner suffered. Everyone else who ate MEAT had a hearty BBQ meal consisting of burgers and various meat stuff. My carrots and lettuce froze).

Thinking nothing of it, I had another beer, turned down the temperature in the fridge, laughed it off, and called it a night.

Fast forward one week.

It’s Saturday afternoon. The sun is shining and the beers are chilling. The beer clouds rolled in signaling it was time to venture out on the deck and indulge in the “ignant fluid!”

CRAP!

They are piss warm! What’s going on? I yelled for Mark to investigate. I just add beer to the fridge; I don’t understand all of the intricacies as to how the fridge makes them cold.

He does some manly checking. Pulls the fridge out,
flexes his muscles, touches and pokes stuff, and decides we need a new fridge. Whatever!

Unlike
Kurt, not all of us have the patience to wait for repair men and have the urge to shop for fridge magnets.

We rushed like crazy fools to Sears to buy a new piece of hardware for our kitchen before the beer clouds rolled out and the sun set. I mean, how do you live without beer on Saturday? Surely they deliver one hour before closing right? We were desperate!

We were in and out in 20 minutes. I’m not picky. All refrigerators look the same. There was a fridge on sale that had a pop can holder (a clever disguise for a beer holder). I was sold! Beers were waiting at home and the sun was still shining. We had to embrace all of the above.

Unfortunately, they didn’t offer delivery service on the fly. Even after explaining our predicament of sunshine and beer drinking on the back deck, the sales man just shook his head and said Thursday was the best he could do (I think I saw a tear fall as he sympathized about our predicament).

Defeated and annoyed with shopping for large expensive furniture, we drove home and decided our deep freeze was the solution to cold beers on our deck in the sun.

After a few drinks we remembered the poor hunk of junk in the kitchen that we would soon be offering our good byes to as our new shiny white Kenmore arrived. Being the rebel that he is, Mark gave it a good kick on his way downstairs to our deep freeze for a beer.

Would you believe it started working?

Who’da thunk it? We cancelled our order from sears and giggled like school girls (and boys) at all the meat we had just BBQed in an effort to save it from the garbage bin. (We did bid all the thawed bacon adieu however…that took too much effort too cook when the beer clouds were cheering us on).

Lessons learned. We didn’t have to spend $1000 on a new fridge, we were still able drink cold beers, and kicking the crap out of an appliance really does work!

Labels: , ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


I'll have to remember that the next time ours freezes everything we have in it. Although, I already know the reason it does that is b/c everytime I take the milk out it turns the little knob to coldest. Still, it would be much more fun to kick it!

Ahhh, beer. I'm so jealous! Within the next two weeks I WILL be having a margarita!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  May 31, 2005
 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  May 31, 2005
 

That is a funny story. Glad You didn't have to spend all that money but getting something new is always nice.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  May 31, 2005
 

The relief was nice after the tears of the previous post.
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  May 31, 2005
 

Thanks you made me laugh. I will keep kicking in mind next time something breaks.
 

how nice to cyber hear you and mark laugh. that makes me smile . and good story too.
Posted by Blogger gina :  May 31, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Tuesday, May 31, 2005




Recently
Tuesday, May 31, 2005
Sunday, May 29, 2005
Friday, May 27, 2005
Wednesday, May 25, 2005
Tuesday, May 24, 2005
Sunday, May 22, 2005
Thursday, May 19, 2005
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Tuesday, May 17, 2005