A Shower for Mark
by Karla ° Friday, May 27, 2005

Since learning to type, my handwriting has truly gone to the dogs. I cannot write with a pen and paper for an extended period of time without becoming frustrated at how slow and messy it all looks (not to mention that a pad of paper doesn’t add cute little red or green squiggly lines to your document indicating you have a typo or grammar error.)

My penman ships skills are pretty much limited to writing lists and thank you cards.

I like to keep a list of errands for the week on the fridge. This morning I asked Mark to check the list and add anything he needed because I was heading out to the mall and would pick it up for him.

He examined my list and yelled upstairs to me that he just needed a razor and added it to list for me. (He now wears a “five o’clock shadow and requires some sort of gizmo to trim his facial hair to achieve such a look). I yelled back that I already added that to our list. Reading the list again he said, “No you haven’t”. Positive I had, I ran downstairs to point it out to him.




“OH!” he exclaimed. I thought that said “Shower for Mark

Oye! I mean, I know it’s the weekend and all darling... and I know you were hoping to go out tonight and have been *studying* that Kama Sutra book of yours….but if I actually need to start making lists about personal hygiene then I think I have some serious issues to resolve.

Incidentally, he thought the second item below “Shaver for Mark” said “our fountain for downstairs”. Funny how men see something like that and just shrug it off. Although it really reads “Air Freshener”, the fact that he didn’t even question why I would be buying a fountain for the basement is beyond me….

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Ha ha ha! I'm laughing out loud right now! I so thought that's what it said, too! Both of them. However, like you said, why wouldn't he question that? I would have been all over it!

I hate writing with my hands now. It hurts after just a few minutes. I could type for hours, and sometimes do. When I had those showers, and had to write thank you notes, it took a week of working every night to write about ten of them! After one card my hand would be worn out and I'd have to rest! I wonder if Trey could read my writing if he had to?
Posted by Blogger Christi :  May 27, 2005
 

I'm with you. My handwriting sucks. I can type about 70 wpm, so why pick up a pen if I don't have to? BTW, the picture doesn't work for me.
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  May 27, 2005
 

LMAO, that is priceless. You are one funny girl. That's why I love coming here. You make me laugh. Have a great week end.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  May 27, 2005
 

You know? I can hardly sign my name half of the time any more -- and my handwriting doesn't accept the em tag either.
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  May 27, 2005
 

That is so funny!
Posted by Blogger Melodee :  May 28, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Friday, May 27, 2005




Recently
Wednesday, May 25, 2005
Tuesday, May 24, 2005
Sunday, May 22, 2005
Thursday, May 19, 2005
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
Monday, May 16, 2005
Saturday, May 14, 2005
Friday, May 13, 2005