Airplane Adventure Story Four: Experiencing a sunrise above the clouds
by Karla ° Monday, June 6, 2005

This is one of the most magical and moving moments in my life.

We caught “the red eye” flight home from Vegas last year. The midnight flight out of Las Vegas meant we would be landing at 6:00 am Toronto time once the three hour time zone change was factored in.

After a good nights rest of two and half hours sleep(!!), I awoke to the most blaring and intense light in my face.

What I saw brought a tear to my eye. We were flying above the clouds as the sun started to rise. I’ve seen plenty of sun rises in my short life, but nothing could compare to this. There was a feeling of weightlessness and exhilaration as we soared above the clouds and were privvy to most beautiful sunrise as it started to breathe life onto the world below.

Something as simple and routinely predictable as a sunrise was so incredibly powerful to experience flying about the clouds.

There was a moment of clarity, like in the movie Contact when Jodie Foster found God in space.

The intensity and passion of the moment left me speechless.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


I, too, am speechless. I think that would be a very cool thing to see. Definitely enlightening.
Posted by Blogger Christi :  June 06, 2005
 

WOW, It is beautiful just reading about it. It just takes your breath away, doesn't it?
The world is a beautiful thing.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  June 06, 2005
 

Hahaha! Thanks for the correction Katt. I was wondering if you had been smoking something... 8-P
Posted by Blogger karla :  June 07, 2005
 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 27, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Monday, June 06, 2005




Recently
Monday, June 06, 2005
Saturday, June 04, 2005
Friday, June 03, 2005
Thursday, June 02, 2005
Wednesday, June 01, 2005
Tuesday, May 31, 2005
Tuesday, May 31, 2005
Sunday, May 29, 2005
Friday, May 27, 2005
Wednesday, May 25, 2005