10km's Under My Belt
by Karla ° Tuesday, September 6, 2005
Ok, not really, but I certainly feel like one!

I don’t mean machine as in a robotic, unemotional, detached and unfeeling sort of way. I mean it in the sense of feeling elated and proud about what my body was able to accomplish last weekend.

Last Sunday, Mark and I decided to attempt the entire 10km run in preparation for the real run later this month. I ran the entire 10km or 6.2 miles (without rest) in an hour. After three months of training, I finally ran my first 10km and I’ve been beaming and on cloud nine over my accomplishment ever since.

(For my friends and family up North, that’s like running from the Brookley Golf and Country Club, along HWY 93 to Edward Street. Taking Edward Street to Dunlop, and then Dunlop down Robert Street all the way to my parent’s house).

For my friends in the city, that’s like running from Yonge and Front, all the way up Yonge street to St. Clair Avenue, west on St. Clair to Avenue Road, south on Avenue Road through Queens Park, down University Avenue all the way back to Front Street.

For all my blogger buddies, IT'S REALLY FAR!

I feel absolutely fantastic and elated about about realizing such a huge goal.

I find it amazing what we can do when we take our own selfishness out the equation and work towards goals honouring those we love. I know I would never have been able to do this for me, but knowing it’s in honour our sweet little Ava, I truly do feel unconquerable.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Wow, I can't even make 1 mile on the eliptical!! I am sure Ava is looking down and very proud of you.
Posted by Blogger Donna :  September 06, 2005
 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Posted by Blogger M's Mama :  September 06, 2005
 

Yeah that rocks. That is really fast. Way to go Karla you are going to do so well on race day.
 

Yay! That's awesome, Karla.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  September 06, 2005
 

Karla, that is great! You are rightly proud of yourself. I am glad that your ankle issues were resolved!
Posted by Blogger Gina :  September 06, 2005
 

You rock, girl! I am so proud of you! 10km is INCREDIBLE!

You know, I thought I was doing well walking 6km in an hour and twenty! *l*

Keep trekkin' and I can't wait to see pictures from the Memorial Run!
Posted by Blogger Mandi :  September 06, 2005
 

You go girl, Little Ava would be very proud of her mommy and daddy.

Love Mom
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  September 06, 2005
 

YOU ROCK!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  September 06, 2005
 

Rock on sister!!
 

WaY TO gO Karla, I so proud of you. Keep it up.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  September 06, 2005
 

Congratulations!!!!

I walked 3 miles yesterday and thought this is about 5k. Isn't that what Karla runs? I was impressed with running THAT distance. You doubled what I walked yesterday! You should be proud of yourself!!
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  September 06, 2005
 

WOW.. Working up to 10km in such a short period is definitely impressive.. Especially after what you've been through (Emotionally yes, but the C-Section too). WOW.. Keep up the good work, still hope eventually we can get together, it's been a long time.. :)
Posted by Blogger NegZero :  September 06, 2005
 

Wow, you are doing great! Im sure Ava is proud of her Mom.
Posted by Blogger Heather :  September 06, 2005
 

More than impressive!
GOOD FOR YOU!
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Tuesday, September 06, 2005




Recently
Friday, September 02, 2005
Thursday, August 25, 2005
Monday, August 22, 2005
Monday, August 22, 2005
Friday, August 19, 2005
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Friday, August 12, 2005
Thursday, August 11, 2005
Thursday, August 11, 2005
Wednesday, August 10, 2005