Post Pregnancy Remarks
by Karla ° Friday, September 2, 2005
While stepping on the scale yesterday, I discovered that I have finally lost every last ounce and then some of the 28 lbs I had gained while pregnant.

I’ve thought a lot about how pregnancy has changed me both physically and emotionally.


I’m not even going to touch on how carrying a child to full term has changed me emotionally. It would take me weeks, I’m sure, to formulate, condense and make sense of my thoughts on that front.

How pregnancy has changed me physically? This topic is much easier to discuss.

Hair:
Sadly, I’m losing chunks and chunks of the gorgeously thick hair I grew while pregnant. I can feel how much thinner it is and it has me worried. I know hair loss is supposed to be normal with all the hormone changes, but I’m convinced that baldness is inventible if I continue to shed at this rate. I am afraid to brush it because of the amount of hair I find in my brush and in the shower. It’s an intricate balance right now between not brushing, avoiding dread locks and just keeping it tied up hoping the world can’t tell I haven’t brushed my hair that morning.

Weight:
GONE! Buh-BYE! Adios! Good riddance. If only the cottage cheese left on my ass got the hint and left too!

Hips:
It’s shocking how there is no chance in hell my old jeans will ever truly fit me properly again, considering all the weight is gone. My hips are forever widened. I measured. I now require an additional 2 1/2 inches of clearance to fit through a doorway.

Clothing size:
I’ve gone from a size 0/2 to a size 4/6. It took a bit of bitching and complaining, but once I learned to embrace my new body and size, I realized that I actually like my new curves. I can actually pass for a woman now that I’m not such a scrawn bag. If I stand sideways, you can still see me and not think that I have vanished into thin air.

Boobs:
My boobs never totally went back to their original size. I’m hoping they stay this way! Every extra centimeter counts right? ’nuff said!

Derriere:
Unquestionably, my ass is bigger. On the bright side, it seems to have captivated my husbands interest (not THAT way…get your mind out of the gutter) and he reminds me every day how much he loves it.

And really, if my man still finds me attractive, isn’t that all that really matters? His encouragement and loving words always make me feel good, and despite my insistence to STOP SMACKING MY ASS, it does have a certain level of appeal because it means he is at least looking.

Overall thoughts:
Mark claims he finds me even more attractive now that I have carried his child inside of me, and strangely, despite Ava not being with us, knowing my body carried our little marvel inside of me for nine months makes me love my new body even more, because the physical changes that took place were required to nurture and nourish our little miracle, and I wouldn't change that for the world.

Labels: , ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


I too, thought I would never get my hair back. That I would have to walk around forever with huge chunks of my hair gone. Especially hard hit were my temples, and the look reminded me of mange. But, eventually all of it came back. It sure did seem like it took forever, though.

Oddly enough, because of my gestational diabetes, I lost weight during my prengnacy. But, I gained it all back and more...
Posted by Blogger Gina :  September 02, 2005
 

Good for you Karla! Your hard work has paid off in full!

I on the other hand have 15 more to go! Maybe I shouldn't have eaten like such a glutten while I was prego!
Posted by Blogger Mandi :  September 02, 2005
 

When I found your other site, I read every entry and my heart went out to you.

Only today I figured out that this site was the next step of your journey. I think it's amazing that you've decided to continue blogging, and I wish you the best of everything.
 

I think your new body looks great , it goes so well with your beautifull face.

Love Mom
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  September 02, 2005
 

What's funny to me is that Trey seems to like me more now that I've had children, too. I, unfortunately, have not lost all of the weight from TJ yet, much less from Taryn! I'm slack, though. I have new curves as well, although not exactly where I would want them! He seems to like them, though (of course, one set of new curves is on my chest, so...), and that is what matters! It wouldn't be so bad if a teenage boy checked me out every now and then, though...ahhh, those were the days!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  September 03, 2005
 

OH MY GOD, to be a size 4/6. HOW I WISH I COULD BE THAT SIZE..LOL.

Enjoy all those wonderful changes a woman goes through.

With me I just wish the boobs didn't always have to get any bigger then what they already are. LOL.

Glad your back. Missed you.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  September 03, 2005
 

I can't even imagine how skinny you were before carrying Ava. I saw the pics of you painting and that's pretty much smaller then i am now! NEVER PREGNANT! :)

You look amazing!
 

The bits of you that I've seen in photos you have posted look good to me.
And don't worry about losing your hair. Mine appears to be starting to thin as well. Oh,wait, I'm a man..well don't worry anyways..
 

That was a great post. Glad you are back.
 

i feel more attractive too after carrying a baby - its so weird isn't it? i actually LIKED my little flabby belly that i had for the next week (well its still a little flabby, but u know what i mean...) anyway, i enjoyed this post...very real...and your blog and life story too...i find myself reading it often so i think i just need to make u a link from my blog....i hope thats okay....bek
Posted by Blogger Bek :  September 08, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Friday, September 02, 2005




Recently
Thursday, August 25, 2005
Monday, August 22, 2005
Monday, August 22, 2005
Friday, August 19, 2005
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Friday, August 12, 2005
Thursday, August 11, 2005
Thursday, August 11, 2005
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Tuesday, August 09, 2005