100 things about me
by Karla ° Wednesday, August 10, 2005
My husband just posted 100 things about himself, and I thought it might be fun to try it out as well.

100 of the first things that popped into my mind about me!

1. I drink too much coffee
2. I am a vegetarian.
3. I haven’t eaten meat in over 14 years.
4. I go to tanning beds in the summer
5. I hate watching TV
6. But I always make an exception if it means I get to cuddle on the couch with my husband
7. I love my husband more than words can ever describe
8. I have a daughter
9. She sprouted wings seven hours after being born
10. Mourning her loss has brought my husband and I closer together
11. I wear a perfume called Happy
12. It doesn’t make me happy
13. I only wear Clinique makeup
14. I have very long fingernails
15. I have a freaky ability to calculate tax in my head
16. I am embarrassed to sing out loud because my signing voice is terrible
17. I sing to my cats
18. I love to eat
19. but I am a very picky eater
20. Tim Horton’s in the best coffee on the planet
21. I am Canadian
22. I don’t like hockey
23. I don’t like sports
24. My wedding band was custom made with 7 diamonds to symbolize the number of years I was with my husband before he proposed
25. I wear white gold
26. My favorite feature are my eyes
27. But sometimes they reveal emotions I want to hide
28. I gained 28 pounds while pregnant
29. and lost all but four pounds withiin three months
30. I love how pregnancy changed my body.
31. I wasn’t being sarcastic about # 30.
32. I really do love the fact that I now have curves and hips.
33. I have conceded to becoming a Liberal. Our new Conservative government uses Religion as a way to woo its followers and that makes me sick. Holy words should never be used like whips.
34. Really, I am a Progressive Conservative, but that party no longer exists
35. If I was an American, I would be a Democrat
36. I run at least 5km every day
37. Although I was born and raised a Catholic, I don’t believe Jesus is the Savior.
38. Western Religions are fascinating
39. Easter Religions are even more fascinating
40. I think religion is a unique expression of people’s individuality and cultural background.
41. I am not religious, but I am spiritual
42. There is a difference to #41. Spirituality does not require membership to organized religion and a requirement to uphold the ethics and teachings of one particular religion. To me, spirituality is a more of a personal journey that has not already defined and outlined for me.
43. I still honour those with one true faith and respect their right to uphold it
44. I avoid discussing religion in real life. It’s way too touchy.
45. I like thunderstorms
46. I hate folding socks
47. I hate when socks go missing even more
48. My favorite breakfast is a bagel with peanut butter
49. I have a hard time seeing a baby without crying
50. I miss my baby girl everyday
51. My mom and I share the same birthday.
52. I used to smoke
53. I have two cats
54. Between them, they only have three eyes
55. But at least they still have all their claws
56. Even if that means they’ve ruined clothing and furniture to keep them sharp
57. I like the smell of fresh cut grass
58. And I like to watch my hubby mow the lawn without a shirt on
59. I don’t like muffins
60. but I bake them because my husband likes the smell of baking muffins
61. I have a rock and mineral collection
62. I sold my Archie Comic Book collection to buy food in college
63. I have participated in researching the earths magnetic field and collecting and analyzing data to prove how it correlates to the geographic location and intensity of those who suffer from Multiple Sclerosis
64. I performed an electromagnetic survey on a 40km grid at Dow Chemical in Sarnia in two days.
65. I had to carry a 30lb, 12’ long EM31 the entire survey
66. I was so blistered I had to duck tape bubble tape around my hips
67. I once performed a radar survey is a sewage tank to check for leaks
68. Thank goodness it had not yet been used
69. I believe there is life on other planets
70. But I don’t believe in alien abductions. They could bring home a strand of hair and learn about my entire makeup through DNA
71. I don’t like corporate lifestyle and expectations
72. I hate worrying and get annoyed when people worry too much
73. I secretly wish I would get ID’d at the liquor store again. I want to look young.
74. I still crave cigarettes all the time
75. I’ve performed a geophysical survey to search for a fault line near a nuclear power plant.
76. I had a c-section after dialting to 7 cm
77. I think recovering from the c-section was worse than labour
78. Labour doesn’t really hurt that much.
79. I use my credit card to purchase everything
80. But I make sure they are paid off every month
81. I’m a terrible cook
82. and an even more terrible baker
83. but I’m an excellent driver
84. I’ve never had a speeding ticket, parking ticket or been in an accident
85. I have road rage tendencies
86. My husband taught me a valuable lesson
87. Ideas are up for debate, but people are not
88. so I welcome Jehovah Witnesses into my home and listen to what they have say
89. I don’t believe in their ideals
90. but they are people with an opinion and belief system just like me, and I like understanding and listening to what others have to say, even when I don’t agree
91. I find it entertaining that I can’t imagine life without internet now
92. My geological background has led me to believe the change in intensity and direction of the earth magnetic field means a pole reversal could occur in the near future
93. if that happened, electronics would cease to exist
94. but near future in geological terms could mean 50 million years from now
95. I believe in Evolution
96. I never did grow my top wisdom teeth
97. Maybe that explains my lack of wisdom
98. I used to think I wanted a high powered career and lots of money
99. until starting a family and raising children became my passion
100. I will realize that dream someday

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


That was great Karla. Wow 100 things I see them all over I will try it one day.
 

16) I have a terrible voice too, but I will sing with other people who are bad. Richard sings OK, but I'll sing with him too.

23) I don't like sports either. Richard and Andrew love to watch Nascar. Can you imagine a more boring "sport"?

44) I avoid discussing religion in real life too. Same goes for politics, or just about anything like that.

69) I think there could be life on other planets, but it could be something like amoeba or algae.

75) So what was your job exactly?

100) You will, and you will do a damn fine job of it!
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  August 10, 2005
 

well Karla , I did know alittle more about you than I did with Marks. It is all very interesting and if I did my list I would hope for # 100 dream.

Love Mom
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 10, 2005
 

Bravo to #100! I am rooting for you and am sending good vibes your way! :)

Although I am interested in the ideology behind your vegetarianism.

And good for you for resisting the urge to smoke! You should be very proud of yourself for that.
Posted by Blogger Gina :  August 10, 2005
 

Even though you are not so sure of HIM God loves you and I can guarantee if you love Him to and go to heaven you will see your little girl there. That would be a reason for me to love Him, just to get a chance to see my baby someday!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 10, 2005
 

Man! How long did that take? I was trying to think of two things about me, and I came up empty!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  August 10, 2005
 

Great list..we have alot in common. I also have a three eyed cat, I didn't grow in my top wisdom teeth either and I love Clinique and wear Happy perfume!!
Posted by Blogger Leesa :  August 11, 2005
 

I have yet to do this. I have tried and can't get to 100 things.

It was nice to read this and get some insight on you.

You are a very interesting person Karla.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  August 11, 2005
 

deeply sorry to hear about your daughter. cannot imagine how you get through after something like that.. i know you just have to carry on somehow.


i do though have an issue with this whole not liking hockey thing though. wtf!?
Posted by Blogger popfizz :  August 11, 2005
 

I just realized I wrote three-eyed cat. Duh. I have a cat with one eye. Geez...it was time for sleep I guess!
Posted by Blogger Leesa :  August 11, 2005
 

I definitely wouldn't be able to come up with that many... yay for you!! And totally lol at leesa... I hadn't noticed that she wrote "3 eyed cat" at first but I'm sure she had some people picturing it.

#1. Have you tried Dunkin Donuts Coolatta's? They're total heaven. Although more along the milkshake craving line than the coffee one.
#4. You must be sweating like crazy when you come out!
#5. Me, too. But I do love watching movies.
#11. My sister has worn Happy forever! I can only use Clinique's lotion (moisture drink stuff) on my face cuz everything else makes me break out.
#15. I'm the same way - except with discounts instead.
#18. Me, too
#19. Me, too
#20. Who would've thought?!? I'm going to have to try that now.
#44. Me, too
#57. Good for you for kicking the habit!!!!!
#64. Once again, the things you have survived make you amazing!
#74. Don't give in!
#79. Me, too
#80. Me, too
#84. That is REALLY impressive. I NEVER ever (and i'm not being sarcastic) speed and I've still got 3 tickets. Go figure.
#91. Me, too
#96. I only grew one - and when they tried to remove it, the x-ray was flipped over so they were digging for something that wasn't there. :( Of course I wasn't CONSCIOUS to tell them. I ended up with a nasty infection.
#100. I hope all of your dreams come true... you deserve it!
Posted by Blogger Jaime :  August 11, 2005
 

I'm an artist, an oil painter, for 10 years I put a one-eyed cat, curled up and looking straight ahead, somewhere in every painting that I made and sold, a lot of paintings, a lot of one-eyed cats, always black or dark grey.

enjoyed your blog, you are an interesting person. Thanks. jim.
Posted by Blogger Jim :  April 02, 2006
 

You continutally inspire me and cause me to pause and think about life as I read through your blogs. Even though we are so different, we are so much the same. I wrote something similar about me years and years ago, a poem entitled, "I AM". I'll have to dig it up to see who I was, and if I'm still the essence of that person. I think we're always evolving and changing. I'm still trying to figure out who I am. And I'll have to try to find that coffee. Do they sell it in the US?
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  September 19, 2007
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Wednesday, August 10, 2005




Recently
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Monday, August 08, 2005
Friday, August 05, 2005
Friday, August 05, 2005
Thursday, August 04, 2005
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Monday, August 01, 2005
Sunday, July 31, 2005
Friday, July 29, 2005
Thursday, July 28, 2005