Florescent Tomb
by Karla ° Thursday, October 5, 2006
When the vibrations of the universe send me crashing head first in a new direction of unexpected uncertainties, I cling more tightly to the comforts of apple juice and persevering hope.

With the most critical 24 hours behind us, I am starting to relax a little more and breathe a little easier - despite the stuffiness in my nose and the scratchiness in my throat that I woke up with this morning.

I really don’t love hospitals. They are like a florescent tomb of sickness where the pungent smells of antiseptic vapors cause your nose to wrinkle involuntarily and sneezy achoo mists of germs invade your personal space with their unwelcoming presence.

Also unwelcoming is the food. My lunch consisted of a menagerie of beef barf goulash, butterscotch pudding and lukewarm tea. Turning on the vegetarian dramatics, my mashed beef mess was returned in favour of cheddar cheese slapped between two slices of overly buttered whole wheat bread. Sadly, they forgot to bring the pudding back with it.

Even more unwelcoming is the horrible civvies they make you wear. Every time someone came to poke, prod or press the parts of my body loosely covered in haute couture hospital fashion, I had to resist an inner jackass urge to bend my knees and curtsy. For the love of our lady of Guadeloupe, who thought exposing so much ass was a good idea anyways?

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


I am soooo glad to hear that the most critical time has passed with no problems! I know you're not in the all clear just yet, but I am breathing a bit easier.

But I'm keeping the juju at its current level, just in case. ;)
Posted by Blogger Gina :  October 05, 2006
 

I held my breath today as I read yesterday and today's update. I am glad the first 24 hours are over and things are good. I am praying that they continue to go well.

I did have to laugh at your description of "beef barf goolash". I swear it looks just like barf. Hopefully today they will get you something more appetizing.
HANG IN THERE KARLA. ((HUGS))

www.caringbridge.com/fl/makilyangel
Posted by Blogger Patyrish :  October 05, 2006
 

Glad you survived the hospital time.
I think the food and clothing are just that way to crush your spirit so they can poke you with needles and such without you fussing..
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  October 05, 2006
 

I hate hospitals as well! I am sure your husband didnt mind the ass exposing view!

Keep us posted I am thinking of you Karla!
 

I think your baby is tucked safely in the warmth and coziness of your belly, and I am sure he is wondering where all his food is!

Glad to hear only good news thus far!
Posted by Blogger Donna :  October 05, 2006
 

Karla,

So, so, sooooo happy to hear that all is well thus far. Please contuie to keep us informed. Although I don't really know why I am asking that of you because I know you are going to do that anyways!

Hugs to you and baby!!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  October 05, 2006
 

What a relief to have made it through the first 24 hours without incident. You are gaining much blogging popularity here in Summerland, BC where I have been telling all my friends about you. So there are many, many prayers being uttered for you and your sweet babe from this end of the country. :)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  October 05, 2006
 

I am so relieved to hear that and I will continue thinking of you.
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  October 05, 2006
 

I'm glad the last 24 hours are behind you.

Look to the future with much hope!

Judy

www.judyh58.blogspot.com
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  October 05, 2006
 

Thats good news Karla! i know how you feel...i too hate hospitals and the smell.

I love the new look of your blog! your dog is so adorable, i want to hug him!
 

I always enjoy visiting your site, because no matter what the situation, you spin it in such a way that most of the time, it's actually funny... and I agree with "beef barf goulash"; that's what I thought about it too!

I hope everything continues to go well! And I'm certainly glad that the first 24 hours are over... I am hoping for a happy and healthy remainder of your pregnancy!

~Tiffany
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  October 06, 2006
 

Oh no! I hope I didn't infect you with this stupid cold! 'Cause if you caught it ANYWAY, then we missed a good opportunity for a hug! :-)

Glad the sky is starting to look brighter.
 

I am thinking of you! I hope all is going well please keep us posted if you can!
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Thursday, October 05, 2006




Recently
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Monday, October 02, 2006
Sunday, October 01, 2006
Friday, September 29, 2006
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Monday, September 25, 2006
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Friday, September 15, 2006