Among Silver Clouds and Sunbeams
by Karla ° Thursday, June 30, 2005
Sound Asleep In
Lullaby Dreams
Among Silver
Clouds and
Sunbeams


This was the saying on the front of a baby card I purchased for Ava on top of Sulphur Mountain. We cheated and never actually physically climbed a mountain, but we did ride to the top of one via a Gondola (and even trotted part way up one when we went horseback riding). The view was breathtaking, the air was crisp, and there was THREE feet of snow! Imagine that in the middle of June.

It was a such a wonderful holiday, filled with every extreme of weather and emotion. The mountains truly are amazing and the trip did wonders for our spirits.

We arrived home a few days ago, but it has been a bit hectic traveling back up North to get the cats, unpack and unwind, adjust to our new time zone and recover from the overnight red eye flight home.

Although still in vacation mode and venturing out with my hubby everyday for new adventures, here are a few pictures I wanted to share with you. I’ve truly missed blogging and everyone who I share this experience with and amazing friendships that have blossemed from it. I’ll be back soon! God knows I have a billion stories and photos to share from our holiday (we ONLY took 500 of them). Don’t forget me!

Until then…

Hugs and a squeeze
Karla


This is Moraine Lake, or better known to most as "Valley of the Ten Peaks". The scene you see here used to adorn the $20 Canadian bill.


Here we are at Moraine Lake.

Here is the view from the top of Sulphur Mountain. Absolutely Stunning!



Here is me on top of Sulphur Mountain. My feet are covered in snow!

Mark threating to throw a snowball at me! Brrrr

Ahhh...life doesn't get much better than a fine bottle of red vino, Lindt chocolates (my favorite), a view of the mountains, a fireplace across the room and enough bubbles for hours of frolicking in our private jacuzzi.

Whale watching in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Victoria, British Columbia was a close second to the mountains (we actually located the whales close to Washington near the US coast). Two pods were in the area, totalling almost 60 whales, many of which swam right up under our boat and "breached" for us (the classic out of water jump). I was so fascinated, I forgot to take pictures most of the time. Mark took some great video however, which I'll be sure to share.


And this photo is specially dedicated to AC and Cuppa! Tim Hortons coffee in Canmore! Yummy goodness is what is in that cup right there. We met a woman from Croatia who couldn't get enough of our coffee and stocked up on the tins of it for sale. In light of the fact that tomorrow is Canada Day, this is my patriotic salute to a true Canadian marvel! Thanks Tim Hortons!

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


I was starting to wonder!!! Welcome back. Those pictures are unbelievable! Now I want to go there. I'm glad you had a good trip. I can't wait to hear all about it.
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  June 30, 2005
 

Julia, let's you and I go together. Trey is dead-set against going, b/c I want to so badly. I just called him in here to look at the pictures (Stunningly beautiful ones, might I add--especially the tub pic!), and he said, "We can see that here, too." WHATEVER!

Anyway, I'm SOOOOOO HAPPY to see you guys are back! I missed you so much! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  July 01, 2005
 

Ahh, fond memories in those pictures. And thanks for the cup of coffee. Eh?
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  July 01, 2005
 

Mmmmmm. Thanks for the coffee and the memories. Tim's in Canmore has got to be the best Tim's in the country. Did you have a muffin with your coffee and mountain?

Glad you are back safe and sound.
Posted by Blogger Cuppa :  July 01, 2005
 

Hooray, Your back. SO glad you guys had a great time. Those pictures are just beautiful. I can't wait to see more.
Now I so want to go there. Looks like a great trip.

Love the bubbles...hehe. After having your feet in snow In June. That hot bath with bubbles looks good.

Again, glad your back safe and sound. Hope you are having a great Canada Day week end. Ciao girl.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  July 02, 2005
 

Hi guys! So glad you had a good time, your smiles are beautiful!

Big Hugs
Mandi

PS Did you know that there is a small commune of Penetang people in Canmore?
Posted by Blogger Mandi :  July 04, 2005
 

Hey Mandi
Yeah...Mark thought Scott was out there...but I didn't know that. Is he?

We saw a Shaman store and I immediately thought Scott!
Posted by Blogger karla :  July 04, 2005
 

Glad to hear you had a nice trip. I love the tub pic, so cute! Can't wait for more stories.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 04, 2005
 

The Canmore currently includes Scott, Kyle, Nick, and Chris. I'm pretty sure that's it right now, a few of them float between here and there.

Can't wait to read more about your trip!
Posted by Blogger Mandi :  July 05, 2005
 

that bubble bath caught my eye. oh my, oh my, what did you use to make SO MANY bubbles?? is it because of the jacuzzi??

i would so leave all other activities behind my back and stay in the bubble bath till my skin can take it no more. ha!!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 06, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Thursday, June 30, 2005




Recently
Thursday, June 16, 2005
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
Monday, June 13, 2005
Sunday, June 12, 2005
Friday, June 10, 2005
Friday, June 10, 2005
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
Monday, June 06, 2005
Monday, June 06, 2005